Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I stop users from e-mailing members through board, but KEEP reply notifies??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I stop users from e-mailing members through board, but KEEP reply notifies??

Any ideas my friends?

We have vBulletin Version 2.0.0 beta 4

I have some members trying to datamine our members. Any threads you guys can point me to for other advice too...

TY!

First off your installation of vBulletin is severely insecure. It will not only put your site and data at risk but is putting your server at risk as well. It is recommended that you upgrade to the latest version as soon as possible.

In order to make your members email address hidden you need to set their "showemail" flag to 0.

Code:
    update user set showemail=0
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

No, I want to do all the following...

- Enable email notifications to be sent to subscribers and members of threads...

AND

- Disable anyone from e-mailing any member via the mail to form on the member profile page.

It seems that if I disable email it also turns off the notifications!

TY!

Comment

Running the query that Wayne provided will do exactly what you want as he said.

Comment

What template do I edit to do this?

Comment

It's a query you must run on the database. Follow the link in my signature for how to run a query in phpMyAdmin. If your host does not provide access to this tool you will need to install it as well; there are instructions on that same page for how to do that as well.

Comment

You will have to edit your registeradult, registercoppa, and modifyoptions templates.

The code listed above is a direct MySQL query which you will need to run in a web-based SQL interface like phpMyAdmin or through your MySQL command line interface which can be accessed through telnet or SSH.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Working...
              X