Help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please

Is it normal for the *.php files contained in the zip file to have no carriage returns and only have pipe symbols (|) where the carriage returns are supposed to be? It seems that all the *.php files are like that. I have attached a copy of my config.php.new file. I had to leave the .new off to attach. I think that these files are causing CGI errors on install. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
    Last edited by JamesUS; Thu 29 Nov '01, 7:06am.

That PHP.ini file is fine - it's just your text editor displaying it incorrectly.

I've removed the attachment as it's against the license to post full files here - while config.php is hardly a file we need to worry about it's still against the license so we may as well get rid of it

Comment

dd, open it in WordPad and everything will be fine. It's some oddity about the way they are zipped on the fly
      Webmaster:
      @forumz

Comment

Originally posted by Martin
        dd, open it in WordPad and everything will be fine. It's some oddity about the way they are zipped on the fly
        really ?
        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Well it's cause it's on a Unix server and Notepad doesn't take well to Unix linebreaks...

Comment

I can read vB's files perfectly fine with my dear Notepad.
            Chen Avinadav
            Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

Speaking of Notepad, when do you think Microsoft will start charging money for it, like they do for every other stinking thing they have?
              Chen Avinadav
              Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Comment

All problems solved.

Comment

Originally posted by FireFly
                  Speaking of Notepad, when do you think Microsoft will start charging money for it, like they do for every other stinking thing they have?
                  They won't. There are things that come with windows - Notepad, the control panel, etc. that they won't charge for.

Plus they couldn't get away with charging for that piece of crap.

Comment

Originally posted by tubedogg
                    Well it's cause it's on a Unix server and Notepad doesn't take well to Unix linebreaks...
                    i use www.notetab.com lite which replaced windows' notepad

always works
                    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

They won't. There are things that come with windows - Notepad, the control panel, etc. that they won't charge for.

yeah very true

Comment

Wake up man, they can get away with anything.
                        Chen Avinadav

Comment

yeah

Comment

I didn't mean they'd get in trouble for it, I mean no one would pay for it.

Comment

Working...
                            X