Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

User confirmation mail ?? email address strange !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smachol
    Here's the thread that discusses this bug:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=31240
    thanks
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Originally posted by smachol

There is no fix there!

and certainly not for 2.2.0 (unhacked register.php)
      Neither the string to search for is found, nor the string to replace it by.

so I assume the preg_match function call was changed since?

That thread has been closed.... not resolved?

this post is redundant
      Last edited by george_proost; Wed 28th Nov '01, 1:05pm.

Comment

Originally posted by george_proost

There is no fix there!

and certainly not for 2.2.0 (unhacked register.php)
        Neither the string to search for is found, nor the string to replace it by.

so I assume the preg_match function call was changed since?
        actually i checked in my 2.2.0 register.php the the string is different

2.2.0 register.php has
        Code:
        if (!preg_match('/^[-!#$%&\'*+\\.\/0-9=?A-Z^_`{|}~][email protected]([-0-9A-Z]+\.)+([0-9A-Z]){2,4}$/i', $email)) {
        recommended fix for register.php in that thread has
        Code:
        if (!preg_match('/^[-!#$%&'*+\\.\/0-9=?A-Z^_`{|}~][email protected]([-0-9A-Z]+\.)+([0-9A-Z]){2,4}$/i', $email)) {
        slightly different
        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion
          The two-dot tango is hogwash. I've beeen able to register as [email protected]ess with no problem ever since 2.0.3. Just FYI.
          our case specifies a dash '-' in the address too.

Comment

Originally posted by eva2000
            actually i checked in my 2.2.0 register.php the the string is different

2.2.0 register.php has
            Code:
            if (!preg_match('/^[-!#$%&\'*+\\.\/0-9=?A-Z^_`{|}~][email protected]([-0-9A-Z]+\.)+([0-9A-Z]){2,4}$/i', $email)) {
            recommended fix for register.php in that thread has
            Code:
            if (!preg_match('/^[-!#$%&'*+\\.\/0-9=?A-Z^_`{|}~][email protected]([-0-9A-Z]+\.)+([0-9A-Z]){2,4}$/i', $email)) {
            slightly different
            I'll have to retract the missmatch theory, I do indeed have
            Code:
            It was an error on my part, should have searched for part of the string, my editor wrapped it...

Comment

I had the same problem, so i manually went in a changed that user's status to registered. He was clicking the link and it told him it wasnt valid.

Comment

two .'s in account bug...fixed and how??

Originally posted by george_proost
                I'll have to retract the missmatch theory, I do indeed have
                Code:
                It was an error on my part, should have searched for part of the string, my editor wrapped it...

I'm having the same registration problem, with version 2.2.9. The posts above are a bit confusing to decipher. Has the bug been fixed and how do we do it?? It's a definite problem with us as many of the new users have a @yknet.yk.ca account which includes the 2 '.'s.

Help?

thx,
                Aralorn

Comment

Interesting. I wonder how difficult it would be to set up some test dns entries/mail accounts and see if I can reproduce this. That preg_replace thing is just too long for this late time of night.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol

Steve,
                    I've gone through this thread, and the one you linked to numerous times, and it looks like the bug still isn't fixed. Either that or all the coding back and forth has me extremely confused!

Any ideas on how to fix it? I've a lot of people with two or more '.'s in their email addy who will have this problem when they try to register.

thx
                    Aralorn

Comment

That bug was fixed over a year ago. In fact my quote is also more than a year old.
                      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

That bug was fixed over a year ago. In fact my quote is also more than a year old.
                        Then what is the correct fix? All the coding and recoding mentioned in the threads are a bit confusing.

thx

Comment

The fix is already in the latest code and has been for many versions now.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

The fix is already in the latest code and has been for many versions now.
                            Then why is it still not working on our vbulletin? We're using version 2.2.9 right now.

thanks

Comment

Don't really know then. If you have not installed any hacks, fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support_form.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP and FTP.

If you have installed hacks, then remove the hacks first before filling out the support request.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X