Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tubedogg
    replied
    Well regardless of what fixed it, glad you got it working.

Leave a comment:

• Kheldar
    replied
    it has seemed to fix the problem - which is very strange since I tried uploading very small exe's, and it wouldn't but I could upload other large files

All I edited was the PHP.ini and changed the entry you suggested to Marc Smith

I have also rebooted the server

so it was one of those things

Leave a comment:

• tubedogg
    replied
    Did that help you also?

Leave a comment:

• Kheldar
    replied
    thank you also

Leave a comment:

• tubedogg
    replied
    You're welcome. Glad it helped.

Leave a comment:

• Marc Smith
    replied
    Thank you kind sir!

Leave a comment:

• tubedogg
    replied
    Originally posted by Marc Smith
    [B]I don't know if this will mean anything to anyone. I can upload a small file. (I have the admin options set at 3 MB - which worked before.)
    You need to change two options, one in php.ini (not the one you changed) and one in my.cnf to allow large uploads.
    http://vbulletin.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=34108

Leave a comment:

• Kheldar
    replied
    We actually have 2 copies of vbulletin running here - one internal & one external, the external one allows me to upload exe's, the internal doesn't (both have been setup the same way)

(just in case you r wondering - both copies are legal)

Leave a comment:

• Kheldar
    replied
    Originally posted by WizyWyg
    Do you maintain the server? Is the .exe file exceeding your "allowable" size limit on attachments?

If you dont maintain the server, your host may have put a restriction on .exe files (for obvious reasons)
    I maintain the server - so i don't believe there are any restrictions on exe's

Nope the exe's i've tried are all under the limit and I am able to upload avi's which are bigger than the exe's i've tried

Leave a comment:

• Marc Smith
    replied
    I don't know if this will mean anything to anyone. I can upload a small file. (I have the admin options set at 3 MB - which worked before.)

I did check and found this errror message (trying to upload a 1.2 MB file):

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1112125 bytes) in /usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/forum/admin/db_mysql.php on line 245

Line 245 (in my editor) is:
    PHP Code:
    $scriptpath getenv("REQUEST_URI")) . "\n"
    In php.ini I see:
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    ; Resource Limits ;
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

max_execution_time = 30 ; Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds
    memory_limit = 8M ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (8MB)

I'm trying to figure out how this fits in with what the software e-mails me - it starts with:
    ---------------------
    Invalid SQL: SELECT attachmentid
    FROM attachment
    WHERE userid = '1'
    AND filedata =
    ----------------------------

Ring any bells for anyone?
    Last edited by Marc Smith; Tue 27 Nov '01, 1:32pm.

Leave a comment:

• Marc Smith
    replied
    I'd agree. But when I researched the error code prior to posting I found many, many things will give that same error code. MySQL does not die, per se. Everything else on the boards works fine and running TOP at the telnet command line shows it present and running. I don't have to restart MySQL or anything like that. I can see the file being uploaded but it appears at the very end it conks out and I end up with a white screen. I don't even get returned to the board.

My concern is that prior to the 2.2.1 upgrade this did not happen. Everything worked fine. Now I can't get any file to upload. Files do download OK from a post. I haven't changed anything else (such as php.ini) and I don't have a bunch of hacked vBulletin php files - only 'tailored' templates.

I'll look into it some more and see if I can figure it out. If I do I'll come back and post the 'fix' here. In the meantime, if anyone has any ideas, I sure would like to hear them.

BTW: Virtual server running Apache ver 1.3.14 on FreeBSD, PHP ver 4.0.4pl1, MySQL ver 3.23.22
    Last edited by Marc Smith; Tue 27 Nov '01, 11:05am.

Leave a comment:

• WizyWyg
    replied
    Error 2006 mysql has gone away is pretty self explanatory

Your mysql server either died, disconnected, or had a hiccup.

Leave a comment:

• Marc Smith
    replied
    I just noticed since the 2.2.1 upgrade I cannot upload attachments with posts. The error I get is:
    Received: ([email protected]) by qs9000.com (8.11.6) id fARBIYv13958; Tue, 27 Nov 2001 06:18:34 -0500 (EST)
    Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 06:18:34 -0500 (EST)
    Message-Id: <[email protected]>
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: vBulletin (forum) Database error!
    X-UIDL: Ejf!!XEU!!U_5!!ipA"!

Database error in vBulletin 2.2.1:

Invalid SQL: SELECT attachmentid
    FROM attachment
    WHERE userid = '1'
    AND filedata =

<-------here there is all the file data ----------->

mysql error: MySQL server has gone away

mysql error number: 2006

Date: Tuesday 27th of November 2001 06:18:34 AM
    Script: http://16949.com/Forums/Forums/newreply.php
    Referer: http://16949.com/Forums/newreply.php...&threadid=3770
    Has anyone else seen anything like this? I did the 'repair.php' dealie and it says everything is "OK".

Leave a comment:

• WizyWyg
    replied
    Do you maintain the server? Is the .exe file exceeding your "allowable" size limit on attachments?

If you dont maintain the server, your host may have put a restriction on .exe files (for obvious reasons)

Leave a comment:

• Kheldar
    replied
    URL : intranet
    PHP : 4.0.5
    Mysql: 3.23.32
    Vbulletin : 2.2.1
    win2k, IIS5

Leave a comment: