Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the current use of the intermediate redirection page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JTMON
    replied
    Well that refresh issue was back in version 1.1 according to my search of this board. I removed it using the hack at vbulletin.org and tested the refresh and it DOES NOT double post! Yippie!! Also, posting and replying seems to be faster because now we aren't waiting through the redirect time.

Leave a comment:

• chrispadfield
    replied
    Originally posted by TWTCommish
    Really? I figured that it's primary reason for existence was so that people who are redirected back to the thread would not get a "Repost Form Data?" message if they were to refresh.
    I think that is a very useful side effect. I can't really see the point in removing the jump, it proviedes useful information to the user about what has just happened.

Leave a comment:

• TWTCommish
    replied
    Really? I figured that it's primary reason for existence was so that people who are redirected back to the thread would not get a "Repost Form Data?" message if they were to refresh.

Leave a comment:

• tubedogg
    replied
    I don't know as I've never tried it. As I said it adds no load, so unless you have a burning reason to remove it I wouldn't bother.

Leave a comment:

• JTMON
    replied
    So I would be safe in removing it then?

Leave a comment:

• tubedogg
    replied
    It is used as an alternative to using the Header("Location:xxx"); function of PHP, and to provide information to the user about what is happening, whether their post was successful, etc. It places no indentifiable additional load on the server.

Leave a comment:

• JTMON
    replied
    I saw that but nobody answered with a definitive on whether or not it placed extra load on the server or if there were any other reasons it's there.

Leave a comment:

• DarkReaper
    replied
    Look on vB.org for a hack that removes it.

The point of it is to let a user know their post(or whatever) was successful, and to allow them to move forward if their browser doesn't support meta refreshes.

Leave a comment:

• What is the current use of the intermediate redirection page?

I would like to remove this as long as it doesn't cause issues. I have tried this on another forum and the refresh issues that were in the early version of vbulletin seems to be gone now. Am I safe in removing it?

TIA!!
Working...
X