Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spring cleaning attachments and attachments table in vB and mySQL (vB 2.2.1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring cleaning attachments and attachments table in vB and mySQL (vB 2.2.1)

Guys,

i have a finite amount of diskspace on my host (well dont we all )

Anyways ive got megabytes of attachments just sitting there, that i want rid off along with the references to the SQL server from vB.

I had a hack by tubedogg that was whiped out when i upgraded, and well, any suggestions appreciated!

thanks in advance

Chances are my hack (if you using the one I'm thinking of) is still there - you just can't see it from the Admin CP.

Just go back to my hack (linked from my sig) and follow the instructions to add links to it from your Admin CP.

Comment

yeah i still have your hack installed on my 2.2.0 board
      :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
      :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
      :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

I think that was probably one of the more useful scripts I wrote.

I've been toying with the idea of adding an md5() encryption script to that package so you can easily find out what the encryption of a string looks like...

Comment

Originally posted by tubedogg
          I think that was probably one of the more useful scripts I wrote.

I've been toying with the idea of adding an md5() encryption script to that package so you can easily find out what the encryption of a string looks like...
          oh please if you can add a function to move/copy out the attachments (as a per forum drop down menu) and convert them to files in a directory we can specify ... PLEASE
          :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

That's not a bad idea. But it might be over my level of competence...we'll see...

Comment

Originally posted by tubedogg
              That's not a bad idea. But it might be over my level of competence...we'll see...
              well bug kier then.. hehe his hack for converting avatars in database to files is the same i suppose

Comment

Ohh thats cool, i'll reinstall the CP components, and yes Tube it was your easy attachment manager thingie

Thanks folks

Comment

Working...
                X