Template editing oddity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Template editing oddity

When I want to make changes to a specific template on both of the template sets I have on the board, I usually make the changes to one of them, then copy the entire template to the clipboard, go back to the template listing page and go to the template counterpart in the other set and paste it there. But I saw that at the template editing page, there was a drop down box to select a template set from. I thought, "OK, I can make the changes and then change the dropdown box to the other template set and submit it again"

Well, what happened was that the template in the set I had originally made the changes in, had actually reverted itself to the original, and a duplicate template was created in the second template set with the updated template.

Using vBulletin 2.2.0, btw

I had this same problem on my forumhome template. There is a thread in the bugs forum regarding this.
    JTMON

Comment

yes that's a bug .. what i do is edit one template at a time from each style set.. best way to be 100% sure the changes made it
      :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
      :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
      :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X