Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New post is appearing at the end of the wrong thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mike999
    replied
    ok - I'll update the request to include the information. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I would have you send it to me, but I'm afraid I wouldn't knwo where to begin to look. It appears you've made a number of changes - any of which could be the cause of this particular problem. You'll just need to wait until someone resonds to your support ticket. Hopefully you put the access info into your supprt request. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• mike999
    replied
    Would it be possible to give someone at VBulletin access to our system and have them take a look around? How would we do that? As I mentioned, we had already put in a support note (yesterday), but haven't heard back yet.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I wish I could help but I don't know what the problem is. Sorry!

Leave a comment:

• mike999
    replied
    Is there anything else we can do. We're getting bombarded with error emails and we can't access the control panel to turn the system off.

I've posted a note to the support area and to [email protected] but I haven't heard back. What else can we do?

The system is set to the original configuration with no hacks, but
    it's still giving the error.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I really don't think adding indexes is a good idea.

Leave a comment:

• mike999
    replied
    Please Reply ASAP

I don't know if this is related, but I had the timeout/deleting threads problem Listed in the thread below:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...381#post209381

I haven't reindexed the system, but I've added the index
    ALTER TABLE searchindex ADD INDEX postid

When a user creates a new message the system is still putting the post at the end of the wrong thread.

You can give it a try at http://forum.doityourself.com

Leave a comment:

• mike999
    replied
    We only installed the default configuration for mod rewrite. We didn't use fastforward.

Regarding the posting split. The misplaced post occured immediately after I created the post. I created the post, then checked forum 77 --> there was an empty thread in forum 77, and I found the post attached to thread ID 1204 in another forum.

If you want, you can try creating a new post at

http://forum.doityourself.com/forumd...php?forumid=77
    Last edited by mike999; Wed 21 Nov '01, 11:15am.

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    don't reindex yet! until we find out the problem

did you install the shorter url hack by fastforward with the mod_rewite?

i have it on my vB forums too at http://animeboards.com/index.php?s= and has no problems.. so i don't think that's the problem.. unless your hack was a different one ?

by any chance would a moderator or another admin on your forum split that post and merge it with another thread ??????

Leave a comment:

• mike999
    replied
    To improve search engine spidering of the site, we hired a contractor who wrote a mod rewrite function that would allow the search engines to read the forum pages without being stopped by the "?" in the URL.

The rewrite code was turned on in apache for ~24 hours, but we have since uninstalled it and and we're still getting the error. Even though we're back to the original configuration.

No changes were made to the VBulletin php pages.

If needed, the rewrite code in apache was:
    ----------------------------
    RewriteEngine on
    RewriteRule ^/f([0-9]+)/s([^/]+\?)$ /forumdisplay.php\?forumid=$1&s=$2 [L]
    RewriteRule ^/t([0-9]+)/s([^/]+\?)\.html$ /showthread.php\?threadid=$1&s=$2
    [L]
    RewriteRule ^/s([^/])+\?/$ /index.php\?s=$1 [L]
    -----------------------------

There was additional code that would have gone into the forum templates, to call the above function, but as soon as we saw the problem, we removed the above code from apache before making any changes to VBulletin.

Also I checked in the database and the new post in the database actually has an incorrect thread ID number. The thread ID should be 73426, but instead, it is thread id 1204.

I'm wondering if I need to reindex?
    Last edited by mike999; Wed 21 Nov '01, 10:46am.

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    have you added any hacks lately ?

Leave a comment:

• mike999
    started a topic New post is appearing at the end of the wrong thread.

New post is appearing at the end of the wrong thread.

If I go into forum 77 and enter a brand new thread. It creates thread ID 73426 in forum 77. But when I click on the link to that that thread, the post doesn't exist. There's no associated post there.

Instead, The post has been attached to the bottom of an old thread (ID 1204) in a different forum.
Working...
X