New User Moderation...not working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New User Moderation...not working?

I have my new forum set to require my approval of new users (moderation). People are signing up but I'm not getting a message to approve or reject their account. How does this work? They register, I see their name as awaiting moderation, but I'm not getting an e-mail to click to approve or reject, or when I go to the moderation area does it show any activity is required. Then once they are approved, how are they notified their account is active?

Thanks!
    Neal Culiner
    President, NC Software, Inc.
    Logbook Pro Pilot Flight Logbook Software
    Visual Basic Developer Forums

the way it works is new users are put in coppa awaiting moderation usergroup which you see when you log into the front admin page

There are XX members awaiting approval etc

when yo click that you come to a page listing each new member and a a yes and no check box next to their member username

and the approve submit button at the bottom

click that with check box to yes and you approve a user and email message is sent to the new user
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Did I mention how much I LOVE this software? Wow, I am so impressed!

Now, how do I make my Private Messages row in the main page show at the top of the table instead of the bottom? I can't find which template goes where?

I hate crossword puzzles! How do I find out what templates control what? Kibbles and Bits, not sure what all the template names pair up to! Any help file or web page that can help?

Thanks for this GREAT software and SUPER response time to my questions!
      Neal Culiner
      President, NC Software, Inc.
      Logbook Pro Pilot Flight Logbook Software
      Visual Basic Developer Forums

Comment

In the forumhome template find:
        $pminfo

And put that where ever you want the PM table to show up on that page...

Comment

in forumhome template find

$forumbits
          $loggedinusers
          $pminfo
          and if you only want pm table up the top move $pminfo variable to the somewhere higher up in forumhome template
          :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Problem

I have the same problem like the thread starter, yet I cannot see how your posts possibly helped him.

I don't understand what COPPA's got to do with me wanting to approve of members before they are registered. For some reason, my new registrants only have to follow the link in their email and voila, they're in.

There is no notification on the admin panel front page or question regarding the approval of said person whatsoever.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Dex

Comment

you want notification or new registration

or

want to be able to approve each registration in vB admin panel ?

for 1st, in vBulletin Admin panel -> vBulletin options set notify on new registration to yes

for 2nd, vBulletin Admin panel -> vBulletin options set moderate new member registration to yes

Comment

Originally posted by eva2000
                want to be able to approve each registration in vB admin panel ?

vBulletin options set moderate new member registration to yes
                This is exactly what I'd like to do. I activated this option as suggested, but it doesn't work at all.

The funny thing is, it's the only option that is really important to me, and at the same time it's the only option that doesn't work.

Regards,

Dex

Comment

Is anybody reading these posts at all ?

Dex

Comment

can you explain more clearly what doesn't work ? which version of vB are you using ?

Comment

the 2 settings are in vBulletin options area - > user and registrtaion options as in my attached cap

Comment

Ok, here goes:

I'm running 2.2.1.

I want new registrants to be approved before they can do ANYTHING.

The board does offer this function.

I activate it, but it doesn't work.

The user is sent an e-mail, upon which he gains access to my board. This is WRONG.

So basically leaving the function activated or not doesn't change a thing.

I expect to be notified and asked if I want the user to gain access to the board. And if I don't, the user should not be able to do anything at all.

What am I doing wrong ?

Dex

Comment

Also...

... sorry if I sound a bit angry, I just got off work after 7 hours of unscheduled overtime and the forum was supposed to be up and running early tonight.

Please don't take it poersonal.

Time for a chill pill I guess

Dex

Comment

Originally posted by Dex
                            Ok, here goes:

I'm running 2.2.1.

I want new registrants to be approved before they can do ANYTHING.

The board does offer this function.

I activate it, but it doesn't work.

The user is sent an e-mail, upon which he gains access to my board. This is WRONG.

So basically leaving the function activated or not doesn't change a thing.

I expect to be notified and asked if I want the user to gain access to the board. And if I don't, the user should not be able to do anything at all.

What am I doing wrong ?

Dex
                            email notification is only half of what you need to do.. you need to enable moderate new registrations as well (2nd last option shown in my screen cap i attached)

Comment

Re: Also...

Originally posted by Dex
                              ... sorry if I sound a bit angry, I just got off work after 7 hours of unscheduled overtime and the forum was supposed to be up and running early tonight.

Please don't take it poersonal.

Time for a chill pill I guess

Dex
                              nah don't worry about.. although i spend hours working on this forum dealing with nice vB members like yourself for hours on end as well

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X