Email User

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email User

When using the email users function in the admin control panel the emails do not get sent, when pressing the send emails button it just sends to one user and just seems to stall??

Any ideas it is really needed to be fixed tonight.

Cheers

sending email to users is a server intensive function.. when you mean stall it

1. timeouts
    or

2. it just shows the browser status progress bar moving slowly?

if it's the 2nd occurence, then you'd need to wait for your server's mail program to process the emails.. it can take a long time if there's heaps of emails and /or your server is heavily loaded or of a lower specs

how many emails are you trying to send simultaneously?

if you try and send simultaneously 1/2 or 1/5 of the number you set.. does it stall ?
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Hi Eva, neither of the above it just goes as normal with the following:

Emailing users
      ###### - Member Name ....... ok

But thats it, the browser has stopped loading as if all the emails have been sent, but it has only sent 1, it doesn't timeout either, it's a weird one hopefully someone will have had the problem before and know a solution.

Comment

could it be all your members have receive email from admin set to NO ???
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

No, I ran a query to set them all to yes and have changed it for new registrations.

Also I send out a mailing nearly every month so it's not the first time I have used the 'email users' function but it is the first time this problem has cropped up.
          Last edited by JCDR; Mon 19 Nov '01, 1:51pm.

Comment

did u set them all to "yes" or "1"
            Email: [email protected]
            Site: Under Construction

Comment

Hi Kaizen,

I send out at least one mailing a month, so I am certain that, thats not the problem as it's also the first thing I checked after they didn't send.

Comment

The problem was that I had changed all the email templates and the new version obviously changed something but didn't alter those templates, if you have this problem you just have to revert the changed templates to the new ones and then make the changes again.

Comment

Originally posted by JCDR
                  The problem was that I had changed all the email templates and the new version obviously changed something but didn't alter those templates, if you have this problem you just have to revert the changed templates to the new ones and then make the changes again.
                  great should check the announcement threads for each vB release for lists of template changes

Comment

Glad you got it working but that shouldn't have caused a timeout...

Comment

I know eva2000 sorry

It wasn't a timeout error tubedogg, it only sent one email then ceased as if all emails had been sent. No need to worry now as the problem is resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by JCDR
                        I know eva2000 sorry

It wasn't a timeout error tubedogg, it only sent one email then ceased as if all emails had been sent. No need to worry now as the problem is resolved.
                        you're forgiven

Comment

Whatever the problem was, I can't see how it could be caused by a changed email template; after all, those email templates are made to be changed and customized...Anyway glad you got it working.

Comment