X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• may
    replied
    Hi George*

my hoster is a german one (marschall-net.de) and some time ago he gave me the answer, that isa... isn't possible.

So, I'm fighting!
    Yesterday I've imported a new backup to my testforum (V2.0.3) and ran upgrade13.php. Everything stopped at

http://www.XXXXX.yy/forumtest/admin/upgrade13.php?step=3&startat=1000#end

Really everything stopped, from now on everyone gets the message

Warning: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (61) in /zzz/usr/yyyy/marschall/www/XXXXX.yy/forum/admin/db_mysql.php on line 38

The whole database is down, I believe whole SQL-Server, is that right? I hope my hoster will take this chance to upgrade his SQL to a higher version and for that I can accept no possible visiting of my site. This strenuous sql-version with many mistakes must have an end!

May

---
    * sorry for naming "Eva", its George, right?

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    Originally posted by may
    Hi Eva,

thanks for your time in answering my question (!) but I'm also disappointed.

I should have known before updating that a higher mySQL-Version is required. Nowhere can anyone read something about this and that's the fact of disappointment. Wiping out has happend and it doesn't matter, wether it is a test-forum or not, because now I know to have no possibility to upgrade V2.0.3.

Changing the hoster would mean to move a third time a complete vBull-forum to another place, it is time-intensive and I only wanted to run a bug-free forum, after happy converting from UBB6.05.
    I love many details of vBull but also love the simplicity and stability of Ultimates UBB.

May
    a higher version isn't required all you need is your web host to run isamchk repair and all is fixed without loss of any data on nearly all occassions.

btw, who's your web host?

Leave a comment:

• may
    replied
    Hi Eva,

thanks for your time in answering my question (!) but I'm also disappointed.

I should have known before updating that a higher mySQL-Version is required. Nowhere can anyone read something about this and that's the fact of disappointment. Wiping out has happend and it doesn't matter, wether it is a test-forum or not, because now I know to have no possibility to upgrade V2.0.3.

Changing the hoster would mean to move a third time a complete vBull-forum to another place, it is time-intensive and I only wanted to run a bug-free forum, after happy converting from UBB6.05.
    I love many details of vBull but also love the simplicity and stability of Ultimates UBB.

May

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    Originally posted by may
    Sorry, I wrote it on the wrong place...
    ---------------

OK guys,

I've wiped out my forums with:
    Script: /forumtest/admin/upgrade14.php?step=3

... and now?

Why does not anyone can explain before upgrading from 2.2.0 to 2.2.1, that the system requirements are SQL-Version "MySQL 3.23.xx" ?

Under features you tell me:
    Minimum Requirements: vBulletin is designed to run on every server that has PHP 3.0.9 or greater and MySQL 3.22 or greater installed.

Recommended Requirements: For optimum performance, we recommend that vBulletin is run on a server that has MySQL 3.23.33 and PHP 4 installed.

I can't believe it and I hate this situation!

- May
    read it's Min requirements for vB to operate and function is indeed 3.22.x

the repair.php is an extra file added for vB owners a few month s back when most hosts should of updated their versions of mysql ... repair.php wasn't included with the 1.x versions of vB because only 3.22 existed back then and the only way to repair corruption was via isamchk command in mysql 3.22

the problem here lies in that you host should have updated to 3.23.x long ago for better performance (at least 3 times faster than 3.22.x i believe), to fix mysql bugs and to support new functions such as OPTIMIZE, REPAIR and CHECK table commands - which is basically what repair.php file is

OR

you host should be able to easily run isamchk to repair your database..

corruption is mainly a server issue and not vBulletin itself

it's like complaining to your computer company that because of an electrical surge your components were fried !

Leave a comment:

• may
    replied
    Sorry, I wrote it on the wrong place...
    ---------------

OK guys,

I've wiped out my forums with:

... and now?

Why does not anyone can explain before upgrading from 2.2.0 to 2.2.1, that the system requirements are SQL-Version "MySQL 3.23.xx" ?

Under features you tell me:
    Minimum Requirements: vBulletin is designed to run on every server that has PHP 3.0.9 or greater and MySQL 3.22 or greater installed.

Recommended Requirements: For optimum performance, we recommend that vBulletin is run on a server that has MySQL 3.23.33 and PHP 4 installed.

I can't believe it and I hate this situation!

- May

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    Originally posted by may
    It is an upgrade problem of the script?

Nobody knows it?

May
    oh mysql version 3.22.x doesn't support the functions in the repair.php script

you need you web host to run a isamchk corruption repair on your database...

repair.php uses functions supported in mysql 3.23.x and higher versions

Leave a comment:

• may
    replied
    It is an upgrade problem of the script?

Nobody knows it?

May

Leave a comment:

• may
    replied
    Okidoki,

my sql-version is: MySQL 3.22.25

- May

Leave a comment:

• rylin
    replied
    Originally posted by may
    Hi Eva,

it is:
    forumtest/admin/repair.php?check=1&iterations=4&forum=dbyyyy

and I don't know, why "forumtest" is double...

May
    What version of MySQL are you using?
    run
    Code:
    mysql -V
    and it'll say something like mysql Ver 11.15 Distrib 3.23.44, for pc-linux-gnu (i686)

Leave a comment:

• may
    replied
    Hi Eva,

it is:

and I don't know, why "forumtest" is double...

May

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    is your url at

forumtest/forumtest/admin/repair.php?check=1&iterations=4&forum=dbyyyy

or

?

Leave a comment:

• may
    started a topic upgrade 2.2.0-->2.2.1 error step 3

upgrade 2.2.0-->2.2.1 error step 3

It's better to wait... V2.2.0 --> V2.2.1 ?

Database error in vBulletin :

Invalid SQL: DELETE FROM template WHERE templatesetid=-1 AND title<>'options'
    mysql error: Incorrect key file for table: 'template'. Try to repair it

mysql error number: 1034

Date: Monday 19th of November 2001 08:55:54 AM
    Referer: http://www.XXXXXXX.yy/forumtest/admi...e14.php?step=2

User okidoki gave me the advice to...

1) connect with mysql and run code "repair table template;"

2) the alternative could be repair.php script

Nr. 1 said:
    SQL-Befehl :
    repair table template
    MySQL meldet:
    You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'repair table template' at line 1

Nr. 2 said:
    Database error in vBulletin Control Panel 2.2.0:
    Invalid SQL: CHECK TABLE access
    mysql error: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'CHECK TABLE access' at line 1
    mysql error number: 1064
    Date: Monday 19th of November 2001 09:57:19 AM
    Script: http://www.XXXXXX.xx/forumtest/forumtest/admin/repair.php?check=1&iterations=4&forum=dbyyyy
    Referer:

Hopefully waiting on a clean V2.2.1...

May
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X