Ok something is wrong with Polls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok something is wrong with Polls

They keep getting bumped to the top of the thread even though the last reply is a day earlier and there have been other more recent posts.

For instance, I see on my main index, in the last post column that someone has supposedly replied on 11/18 at 11:42AM, but when I go into the thread view, the last reply is listed as occuring at 12:32PM, then if I go into the thread, the actual reply time is 9:32AM. This is only happening with Polls for some reason and is starting to get very frustrating
    JTMON

I have just verified that this is occuring with all my polls. The threadview time and date is totally different than the time/date that is at the end of the thread.
    JTMON

Comment

I should also point out that our server time WAS incorrect 3 days ago but was fixed and the problem persists.
      JTMON

Comment

Go to Admin CP > vBulletin Options > Polls and set Update Last Post Time to No.
        FWC
        White Sox Interactive Forums

Comment

But why would this start happening out of the blue. I have never changed the poll settings ever.
          JTMON

Comment

Ok so what I am gathering from this is that if it is set to YES, then someone can vote without posting, and it will bump the thread, AND say the last post was that poll but since there was no post, only a vote, it displays the last post making it seem wrong?
            JTMON

Comment

Threads get bumped by changing the last post time. It's how this poll feature works or any of the bump without posting hacks, too.
              FWC

Comment

So now that I made that change, polls will only get bumped if someone replies correct? And if they only vote but don't reply then the thread will not bump.
                JTMON

Comment

Originally posted by JTMON
                  So now that I made that change, polls will only get bumped if someone replies correct? And if they only vote but don't reply then the thread will not bump.
                  Yes, that is how it will work. I've used it both ways in the past.
                  FWC

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X