Hack Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hack Site

I can't for the life of me figure out how to access things on the hack site. What's the deal?????????

Dan Flynn
    http://www.powerwashnetwork.com

1. register for vbulletin.org using same username and email address you used here
    2. confirm rego
    3. enter license into this page http://www.vbulletin.com/members/vbulletin.org.php - to do so you need your customer license info to access the form

that's it
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

If I have almost 2 years experience with vb and still can't get in there. That's nuts. I feel sorry for the new guy.

I already signed up under my real name. Now it won't let me sign up again because of the same email address. I forgot the password I got, I used the forget your password feature and I never got the email.

I also tried to put in my lic # on that page and it said it was invalid.

Why is this so complicated?????????? I don't get it?

Hey all I want to do is check out the latest hacks, that's all.

Eva2000 thanks for trying. I appreciate your fast reply! Because of a few crooks I can't get to the hacks. Those dirty rats. They ruin it for everyone.
      Dan Flynn
      http://www.powerwashnetwork.com

Comment

TimberLand, e-mail me with all the info you can give me and I will take care of your user.

Sorry for the inconvenience!
        Chen Avinadav
        Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

Just a question.

If you moved the hacks off of here because "you can't support hacked boards" why do we have to give our $160 customer id's at yet another website?

Comment

What do you mean?
            No one has access to that info, it's done the same way it's done on this forum.
            This was discussed already in the discussion thread for vBulletin.org.
            Chen Avinadav
            Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

Originally posted by qwaz

If you moved the hacks off of here because "you can't support hacked boards" why do we have to give our $160 customer id's at yet another website?
              The id's are inserted here. Not there.

Comment

Still, it should be supported then. The support at Vbulletin.org is great but if we have to have a license to access it then it should be supported.
                JTMON

Comment

Hacks weren't supported here. If they were still here you would need your '$160 customer id' to use the hacking forums here too...there is no difference to them being on another site as far as that is concerned.

Comment

Then why not support them?

Comment

Originally posted by qwaz
                      Then why not support them?
                      Because they aren't written and distributed by Jelsoft.
                      FWC
                      White Sox Interactive Forums

Comment

Then why require an id to gain access to them?

Comment

So they aren't freely available to pirates.
                          FWC
                          White Sox Interactive Forums

Comment

Well if you need a license to access them then they should be supported. What's to stop someone else from starting their own hack site and not requiring the license? NADA ZIP ZILCH
                            JTMON

Comment

The majority of the hacks are not created, written, or approved by Jelsoft staff. They are made independently and therefore any support should remain as it is, up to the individual creator/designer of the hack.

I think the fact that the two sites link to each other and both use the same system/page to verify a member as a license holder is enough reason for them to keep them out of the hands of pirates in the form they are presented at vbulletin.org. There are some staff members involved and this involvement only shows me that they do encourage such modifications to their code to help stir up creativity with using their software.

I rather like and appreciate the system as it is.
                              Last edited by SWFans.net; Sun 18th Nov '01, 6:40pm.
                              SWFans.Net Forums
                              Not Your Average Star Wars Forums.

Just a few of the other styles to choose from:
                              Jedi | Streamlined | T-Phantom

Comment

Working...
                              X