Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre 1970 Birthday errors - unix server ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spooky
    replied
    Thanks

I did submit a support request.

The workaround worked!

Excellent response time.

Great support team.

Excellent Product.

BTW, A good ticketing system is worth its weight aint it?

Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Originally posted by MrOzonex
    Wow... That worked.

Thank you very much.
    Actually thank Ed/Mike Sullivan for the fix. He was the one that came up with it. All I did was find it in the support tickets.

Leave a comment:

• MrOzonex
    replied
    Wow... That worked.

Thank you very much.

MrOzone

Leave a comment:

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    Submit a support ticket with a admin login to your forum and ftp access to your forum and I will see what the issue is.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I found a similar support ticket from almost a year ago. This looks like a unique problem that only effects certain distributions of Linux/Windows. Try this fix. [Note that this was from a year ago so the line numbers may have changed. Unfortunately my server is down right now otherwise I'd check it.]

First make a backup copy of your member.php file. Then open it in your editor and find this line:

PHP Code:
    $birthday = @date($calformat1,mktime(0,0,0,$bday[1],$bday[2],$bday[0])); 
    (It'll be somewhere around line 1314 in 2.2.6 member.php)

(And make sure you actually find that line. There's a pretty similar one below it)

Replace it with this:

PHP Code:
    $birthday = @date($calformat2,mktime(0,0,0,$bday[1],$bday[2],1993)) . ", $bday[0]"

Leave a comment:

• MrOzonex
    replied
    Well I still have the same problem. Running the version 2.2.6 and still birthdates are wrong. With the same problems that I have posted before

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...ight=birthdate

Hopefully with any luck we can get this resolved.

MrOzone

Leave a comment:

• spooky
    replied
    I'm on a Linux server and I am having the same error error with any birthday before January 1, 1970 being displayed as Dec. 31, 1969.

I did not really see a fix in this thread and a search does not show any.

I am running 2.2.5

Anybody have any idea what's up? I looked at member.php and did not see any glaring errors in the code.

The birthdate must be stored properly somewhere in the database as it displays correctly if you edit the users account with the admin script. It just seems like it displays Dec. 31, 1969 when you display info on a member from the members list (members.php?)

Forums Url
    http://www.heckmans-island.ca/forums

PhpInfo Link
    http://24.138.31.27/forums/extras/phpinfo.php

html source generated on member dislpay page

<tr>
    <td bgcolor="#F1F1F1"><font face="verdana, arial, helvetica" size="2" ><b>Birthday</b></font></td>
    <td bgcolor="#F1F1F1"><font face="verdana, arial, helvetica" size="2" >December 31, 1969</font></td>
    </tr>

Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by spooky; Mon 15 Jul '02, 2:25am.

Leave a comment:

• tubedogg
    replied
    If you installed it 5 weeks ago it is not the current version. Probably 2.0.3 although it might be 2.0.2 or even 2.0.1. Check in the footer of your page (or at the top in the Admin CP) for the version number and if it's not 2.2.1 try upgrading to 2.2.1.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    My pre-1970 birthdays are working fine as well. I'm on a Linux server.

Leave a comment:

• vBNovice
    replied
    I'm using the current version, I just puruchased and installed it about 5weeks ago. The board was just opened up to members this week and this bug appeared.

- Kirk

Leave a comment:

• tubedogg
    replied
    What version of vBulletin are you using? I just set my birthday to 1955 and it worked fine...
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/membe...fo&userid=2751

Leave a comment:

• vBNovice
    started a topic Pre 1970 Birthday errors - unix server ?

Pre 1970 Birthday errors - unix server ?

I'm on a Unix server and apparently there is an error with any birthday before January 1, 1970 being displayed as Dec. 31, 1969.

Is there a fix ?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X