Requiring login breaks "forgot your password"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Requiring login breaks "forgot your password"

I setup my forums so that you must login as the absolute first step before viewing the forums. This works fine; however, when someone clicks on "forgot your password?", it will allow them to enter their e-mail, but when they try to access the URL given in the e-mail vbulletin sends them, they get a permission denied problem and are bounced back to the login.

The only way I can do this now is to enable access to the board, but turn off access to the forums. This brings guests to the "main forum screen", only to see an empty list of forums, which can be misleading.

Help!!

You didn't say which version you're running.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I had to mofify global.php to allow a=pwd because it allowed unregged users to go to the lost password form, but not to the activation link.

Comment

@RabidCow: You're the man.

That was also my problem.
        Thank you very much

Comment

Rabidcow...

Can you please tell me what exact modifications you made to global.php?

I've replied to an existing thread in the BUGS section, And nobody had the solution, Hope it works.

Plz provide details to change.

Thanks!

...Axel
          Last edited by Axel Foley; Tue 27th Nov '01, 8:15pm.
          "Sometimes men stumble upon the truth and then hurry off as if nothing happened"
          - Winston Churchill -

Comment

In global.php you will find this at the end of the file
            Code:
              if ($action!="register" and $action!="signup" and $action!="activate" and $action!="login" and $action!="logout" and $action!="lostpw" and $action!="emailpassword" and $action!="addmember" and $action!="coppaform" and $a!="act" and $a!="ver" and $action!="resetpassword") {
            change it to
            Code:
              if ($action!="register" and $action!="signup" and $action!="activate" and $action!="login" and $action!="logout" and $action!="lostpw" and $action!="emailpassword" and $action!="addmember" and $action!="coppaform" and $a!="act" and $a!="ver" and $action!="resetpassword" and $a!="pwd") {
            this is my sig

Comment

global.php in the forums folder, not admin.
              Chen Avinadav
              Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

Didn't work...

Pogo, I asked you the exact modifications because when I first read your post I applied this modification:

PHP Code:
                $PHP_SELF strtolower($PHP_SELF);
                if (
                substr($PHP_SELF,-strlen('register.php'))!='register.php' and substr($PHP_SELF,-strlen('member.php'))!='member.php') {

$permissions=getpermissions();
                  if (!
                $permissions['canview']) {

show_nopermission();
                  }
                } else {
                  if (
                $action!="register" and $action!="signup" and $action!="activate" and $action!="login" and $action!="logout" and $action!="lostpw" and $action!="emailpassword" and $action!="addmember" and $action!="coppaform" and $a!="act" and $a!="ver" and $action!="resetpassword" and $a!="pwd") {

$permissions=getpermissions();
                    if (!
                $permissions['canview']) {

show_nopermission();
                    }
                  }

I uploaded the file and it didn't work. So I asked you the exact modifications. When I read your answer now, I saw that the changes were the same so I simply reuploaded the file and worked like a charm. Who knows what I uploaded at 05.00

Thanks again.
                "Sometimes men stumble upon the truth and then hurry off as if nothing happened"
                - Winston Churchill -

Comment

John has issued an official fixed global.php in this thread.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X