Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Email services only work with internal addresses ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email services only work with internal addresses ...

We use a MS Exchange server for our email accounts here at work.

I entered "exchange" as the SMTP email server when setting up PHP.

The email services work perfectly for the email accounts that are set up on the Exchange server -- the verification process in registration, automatic email notifications, etc. No problems.

However, if I try to use an address from outside the company (e.g., [email protected]), then I get errors:

During registration, I get an error on line 458 of register.php
    During replies to [email protected]'s post, I get an error on line 203 of newreply.php.

I would assume this has something to do with our firewall and routing through the DMZ? However, I was hoping to get a little insight from you before going to my IT department -- who are as surly and lazy as they are ignorant and incompetent.

Thank you.
    Andy Young

vBulletin v2.2.2
    MySQL v3.23.42
    PHP v 4.0.6
    Windows NT Server

Have you tried using the server's IP address?
    JTMON

Comment

Originally posted by JTMON
      Have you tried using the server's IP address?
      Yes, I have and it doesn't help. Either way I get the same error -- the script somehow cannot complete the automatic email.

The irony is that I get the automatic email telling me that someone has registered, but the registree doesn't get his email.
      Andy Young

vBulletin v2.2.2
      MySQL v3.23.42
      PHP v 4.0.6
      Windows NT Server

Comment

We seem to be in the same boat too. We're using Exchange on W2K and using any email address other than known (internal) ones we're seeing:

Warning: Server Error >> register.php on line 458 and the user never receives the email...

Is there anywhere to specifiy a login and password for the mail server.. I'm wondering if the issue is permissions to send email via the server??

Comment

http://vbulletin.com/forum/showthrea...ail#post180590

Comment

Thanks for the point.

However, I couldn't figure one thing out:

My email server is physically separate from my web server. Do these instructions require access to the email (exchange) server, or is all of it done on the web server?

I re-read it several times and couldn't tell which "box" I was supposed to start messing with.

Thanks.
            Andy Young

vBulletin v2.2.2
            MySQL v3.23.42
            PHP v 4.0.6
            Windows NT Server

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X