Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moved SQL-Database of vB 2.0.3 onto vB 2.2.0 installation: passwords cannot be identi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moved SQL-Database of vB 2.0.3 onto vB 2.2.0 installation: passwords cannot be identi

Hi!

Please excuse the long subject .

I have installed vBulletin 2.2.0, then imported the vB 2.0.3 SQL. Everything seems to look fine - but we cannot log on anymore. It says, the passwords are wrong.

- LANce

Um, not sure why you did it this way. Normally you would use the upgrade13.php file to upgrade your forums to 2.2.0

One of the steps in the upgrade is the MD5 encryption of the passwords. Maybe that is where your problem is. I wish I could help more, but I will leave it to the mods
    JTMON

Comment

i upgraded in the right way but i have the same problem
      ppl when log out can't log in anymore for wrong passwords
      Last edited by DevilsMania.com; Thu 15 Nov '01, 6:47am.

Comment

Before, I used a multi license from our hoster gamigo.de. Now this is my own license - this is the first time, we can use the actual PHP files.

- LANce

Comment

JTMON is right. You need to run upgrade13.php to upgrade the 2.0.3 database to 2.2.0.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

i did that, but i got his problem anyway.

Comment

I did not have the possibility to do that. I just had the SQL backup of the 2.0.3 forum, and now the actual files version 2.2.0.

I want my own 2.2.0 board with all the thing I already did with 2.0.3 (and its content). And I do NOT have the 2.0.3 license. It is our hosting partner, who offered the forum to us.

- LANce

Comment

I don't think you need the old files as you overwrite them with the 2.2.0 files anyways, then run upgrade13.php
                JTMON

Comment

ok Jtmon butplease now answer me:

i updated the right way, but i get ihs problems (people who log out, cant login in anymore)

Comment

Not sure why this is happening. I just registered at your forums to test and as soon as I submitted my registration I got the redirect and it sent me to a not logged in screen.
                    JTMON

Comment

hmmm..... ( everytime i upgrade............something goes wrong... )

Comment

Did you remeber to revert all changed templates before doing the upgrade?
                        JTMON

Comment

what is .. to revert all the templates ????

Comment

If you made any changes to the original templates in version 2.03, you were supposed to revert them to original before doing the upgrade if memory serves me correctly.
                            JTMON

Comment

ok then here is a problem....
                              let's say
                              i modified some stuff, now i directly upgraded 2.03 to 2.2
                              now the pizza is done .... what should i do now ?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X