VBB to VBB User Merge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VBB to VBB User Merge

Well guys I figured out how to merge users from one vbb to another vbb, it requires editing of the user id's and a good graphic user interfave program, so here is my problem now

when you are at the forum home page, and you go to the member list, you see all the members

but how ever in the control panel its still showing me the 104 users that i had before I merged the 415 users, so let me break it down again for some of you

Public Member List - Show all users ( imported users as well )
    ADmin CP member list - only shows 104 instead of 556

so anybody have any suggestions ???

For each user you put in the user table you must have a row in the userfield table with a matching user id, otherwise the Admin CP will not be able to find them.

Comment

okay I see now, hmmmm,
      well after I complete that, I will let you guys know if it works

Comment

VB should make a VB import script I think

Comment

yeah thats what I sayed, and they saided it wasnt in there interest no time soon, but locally I merged the users successfully, I had only one glitch, but went back and fixed, now im merging vbb 2.2.0 to vbb 2.2.0 user
          but of course its a long process, but I can say I actually did it, lol

Comment

I want the script too because I installed a hack on one and I am pretty I changed something in my DB with the way it is setup, and I think that's what is causing problems now. So what I want to do is just import to a clean install, but the only way to do that is to just use the same DB, so that makes no sense. Now I need to figure out what the problem is and get it fixed.

Comment

hey thats what im in the process of doing creating a new forum, then im gonna merge all my forum topics over, then the threads, when you merge the threads over to a new post its gonna show who last posted , so go to the admin control panel and I guess its called index, cleaning everything up, its gonna notice that you dont have any users, and clean that up for you, then go back to the forum home page, you will notice that all you see is the forum topics wich is a good thing, then you can merge the users over, right now im working on putting together some instructions as of how to do this, should have those ready by tomorrow, or later this weekend if anybody is interested

Comment

I have over 4,500 registered users, there's no way I can edit them by hand to import to a clean install. This is the single most disappointing thing I have ever seen since switching to Vbulletin! I cannot believe they create import scripts for all their competitors but not for their own product. That is poor, poor customer support and anyone would know it!

Comment

a vB to vB importer is being discussed right now

Comment

A vB to vB importer is in development
                    Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

[vB2.3.0] vBulletin Merge Tool for v2.2.x

Comment

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
                        Which versions of vB will it work for?

h

Comment

Originally posted by PPN
                          That is really good news.
                          Will it only be user records, or can we expect a whole forum merge? pm's, users, threads, categories, settings, posts, etc ?

Comment

Damnit!
                            I thought this was a new thread with vb3 discussion. LOL - stop replying to year+ old posts dude

Comment

The bump was to point out the existence of a third-party vB-to-vB merger, though.
                              Fool's Gold: Discussion of rock 'n' roll, movies, A Song of Ice and Fire, Discworld, The Wheel of Time, The Lord of the Rings, Dragonlance, Forgotten Realms, literature, games, and more. It's ace.

Last.FM * LiveJournal

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X