Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show signatures without asking each time ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show signatures without asking each time ...

I have "Allow Signatures" turned on in the Admin CP.

I have "Show User's Signatures in their posts?" turned on in the User's CP. (BTW, that should be users' -- but that is a different story.)

However, I have removed the Show Signature: include your profile signature ... option from the posting field.

I removed it to reduce clutter and wish to keep it that way.

However, no signatures are showing up. Apparently, without explicitly asking the question each time, the Show Signature box defaults to unchecked?

How do I correct this?

Thanks.
    Andy Young

vBulletin v2.2.2
    MySQL v3.23.42
    PHP v 4.0.6
    Windows NT Server

It doesn't default to No, it's just that without any input from the form on the posting page the system thinks that means no (it explicitly checks for 'yes' for that item). Just replace the visible option with an <input type="hidden"> field for it...not sure of the name or value offhand but if you look at the default template just copy the tag over and change input type=checkbox to input type=hidden.

Comment

Thanks.

For those scoring at home ...

Replace:

<br><input type="checkbox" name="signature" value="yes" $signaturechecked> <b>Show Signature:</b> include your profile signature. Only registered users may have signatures.
      with:

<br><input type="hidden" name="signature" value="yes" $signaturechecked>
      in the newreply, newthread, etc. templates.
      Andy Young

vBulletin v2.2.2
      MySQL v3.23.42
      PHP v 4.0.6
      Windows NT Server

Comment

No need in $signaturechecked or <br> here:
        Code:
        <br><input type="hidden" name="signature" value="yes" $signaturechecked>
        Chen Avinadav
        Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X