Logging In As Different Person - Major Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bira
    I should clarify, though, that if you have no-cache headers turned ON in the Admin CP options, then this addition is redundent.
    Actually that's not accurate for the reason you mentioned - proxy servers do not read the HTML and therefore can't adhere to any no-cache META tags.

Also I believe technically this line:
    Code:
    header("Last-Modified: " . gmdate("D, d M Y H:i:s") . "GMT"); // always modified
    should be
    Code:
    header("Last-Modified: " . gmdate("D, d M Y H:i:s") . " GMT"); // always modified

Comment

Originally posted by tubedogg
      Actually that's not accurate for the reason you mentioned - proxy servers do not read the HTML and therefore can't adhere to any no-cache META tags.
      Actually the No-Cache headers in the Admin CP Options are NOT HTML meta tags but rather PHP headers.

Check out global.php:

Code:
      if ($nocacheheaders and !$noheader) {
        // no caching
        @header("Expires: Mon, 26 Jul 1997 05:00:00 GMT");             // Date in the past
        @header("Last-Modified: " . gmdate("D, d M Y H:i:s") . "GMT"); // always modified
        @header("Cache-Control: no-cache, must-revalidate");           // HTTP/1.1
        @header("Pragma: no-cache");                                   // HTTP/1.0
      }
      And as you can see, that space before the GMT is missing in the vBulletin code as well

Comment

Hmm...when was that changed? And you're right about the space GMT thing, it's wrong in the vB code as well.

Comment

Kevin it's been like that since the switch to 2. I remember the first time I installed one of the stable betas, I decided to turn it on. Oh boy, did everything become slow and heavy!

Comment

Useful, many thanks.

If it helps others, I got an error with the code as cut'n'pasted from here. The code that worked is:

PHP Code:
            header("Expires: Mon, 26 Jul 1997 05:00:00 GMT");
            header("Last-Modified: ".gmdate("D, d M Y H:i:s")." GMT");
            header("Cache-Control: no-cache, must-revalidate");
            header("Pragma: no-cache"); 
            ...I don't think it liked the spaces, for some reason.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X