911: Posts don't work on first try!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 911: Posts don't work on first try!!

I am getting the following error when posting or replying. I noticed this first when "views" didn't not seem to be incrementing. After getting this message, then hitting refresh, it seems to work okay.

Please help!! I have run 'myisamchk -vr *.MYI' on the database already...

THANKS!!

---------------------------

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database. Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Database error in vBulletin: Invalid SQL: REPLACE INTO searchindex (wordid,postid,intitle) VALUES (2204,488860,0)
    mysql error: Can't open file: 'searchindex.MYD'. (errno: 144)
    mysql error number: 1016
    Date: Saturday 10th of November 2001 11:12:07 PM
    Script: /vb/newreply.php
    Referer: http://www.amdmb.com/vb/newreply.php...threadid=73639

Also, neither the post counts nor the view counts are going up after hitting the refresh after getting the error!

Comment

Error code 144: Unknown error 144
      144 = Table is crashed and last repair failed

Have you tried runnng repair.php? It's in the 'extras' directory of your zip file. Just upload it to your forums directory and run it from your browser.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I'm still running 2.0.3!

Is it safe to run the 2.2.0 repair.php file?? That is all I can access in the members area.

Comment

I'm not sure. Didn't you keep a copy of the 2.0.3 zip file? Or maybe you uploaded the 'extras' directory.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yes, I found it... trying it now.

Comment

Everything was okay... except:

Checking table searchindex
              Table Operation Type Text
              forum.searchindex check warning Table is marked as crashed and last repair failed
              forum.searchindex check error Found 8858979 keys of 8858976
              forum.searchindex check error Corrupt
              Repairing table searchindex
              forum.searchindex repair status OK
              Optimizing table searchindex
              forum.searchindex optimize status OK

It fixed it, and now I can post and reply without a problem.

However, the "views" are still not incrementing at all..... ??

Any ideas?

Comment

Last Post isn't working either....

---

nm, that is working! Jsut views.... ????

Comment

Well at least we got the corrupt table repaired! As for the views not updating I really don't know what could cause that. I'd suggest updating your counters but some people have complained that the post counts go down when they do that (presumably because it updates the total from the actual posts in the database.)

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I'll give it a try and see what happens....

Comment

That didn't do it....

Would redoing the searchindex have any effect, you think? What else might be in the way of the views??

Comment

I honestly don't know. I think we'll just have to wait until someone more knowledgeable in the ways of mySQL comes along. Meanwhile have you entered a support ticket yet?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Nope! I'll do that.

Thanks for helping out with most of it, though!

Comment

Umm.....when I woke up this morning the views were working again.... ?????

Comment

Strange! Keep and eye on it and post again if they stop working.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Working...
                              X