Timezone Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timezone Problem

I hadn't considered this before, however vBulletin merges the Adelaide and Darwin timezones together - likewise Brisbane is on the same timezone as Sydney and Melbourne.

This become a problem last week, when most of Australia went to daylight savings. Adelaide (here) for example is daylight savigs, but Darwin doesn't ever do it - thus by having Adelaide and Darwin on the same timezone I've got Darwin (and likewise Brisbane) members complaining the time is out by an hour.

Now if I create an additional timezone in the template, would this work/cause any problems? I'm wondering how this would work because half the year I'd have Darwin as +9.5 whilst the other half it would be +8.5 to compensate for the server being in daylight savings.

During daylight savings I don't see a problem, however whilst not in daylightsavings there'd be two timezones as +9.5... is that gonna work?

Maybe we need a daylight savings flag?

It's the same thing for the whole US - GMT doesn't go on DST so the US is one hour ahead as far as GMT offset goes during the summer.

Yeah we've talked about somehow doing a daylight savings thing for the next version.

Comment

Hello,

I am having a problem with the timezone in my forums since i changed servers.

The time is 14 minutes faster than the real time.

How can i resolve this issue?

Comment

There's not much you can do about this... you will need to contact your new host and let them know the time on their server is wrong.
        Chen Avinadav
        Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X