Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin
    replied
    If you backed up the database that was partially converted, you're going to have problems if you try to upgrade on it again.

You can upload the backup file via ftp, and then import it via SHH/telnet from wherever you upload it to.

Leave a comment:

• daviatt
    replied
    How do I upload my database?

Is there a program that can upload a database? I backed up my db with the upgrade program and now there are problems . . . . I have to reload it but how can I do this? I have phpMyAdmin but that doesn't seem to have an upload feature? Any hints?

thanks

Leave a comment:

• Michael2
    replied
    My problem is fixed, everything is up and running. I guess access privileges were the problem after all. Thanks guys!

Leave a comment:

• OdyClub
    replied
    I reset the database and everything loaded like a charm. Excellent software!

Jim

Leave a comment:

• OdyClub
    replied
    I get the same "Creating table access" error.

I think I'm looking at the right thing here:

<!-- Database error in vBulletin Installer :

Invalid SQL: CREATE TABLE access (
    userid int(10) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
    forumid smallint(5) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
    accessmask smallint(5) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL
    )
    mysql error: Table 'access' already exists

mysql error number: 1050

Date: Thursday 08th of November 2001 10:35:27 AM
    Script: /forums/admin/install.php?step=4
    Referer:
    -->

Jim
    Last edited by OdyClub; Thu 8 Nov '01, 6:56am.

Leave a comment:

• Michael2
    replied
    Just curious, I'm at work and think we may have it figured out but I'm impatient so...

Yesterday the guy that owns the server said I did have permission to alter tables. Obviously it didn't work. So last night he said I only had user access (we share the server with a few people) not admin access. So he gave me admin access and says it should work now.

Does any of this sound familiar? Does it make sense what he's saying? Boards been down for about 24 hours and I'm a bit nervous that if this isn't it we won't know what to do next.

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin
    what scares me is we said almost exactly the same thing at almost exactly the same time

Please, God, don't be letting turn in to an Aussie!!!!
    convert to an Aussie damn you j/k LOL

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    what scares me is we said almost exactly the same thing at almost exactly the same time

Please, God, don't be letting turn in to an Aussie!!!!

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin
    Michael, on yours it sounds as if you don't have ALTER permissions on your database. You need to get with your host on this.

Daviatt, you need to tell us what "area", and copy and paste the source from the error message here.
    Martin love the timing

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Michael, on yours it sounds as if you don't have ALTER permissions on your database. You need to get with your host on this.

Daviatt, you need to tell us what "area", and copy and paste the source from the error message here.

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael2
    <!-- Database error in vBulletin :

Invalid SQL: ALTER TABLE poll ADD multiple SMALLINT UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' not null
    mysql error: Access denied for user: '[email protected]' to database 'vbvbulletin'

mysql error number: 1044

Date: Wednesday 07th of November 2001 11:38:11 AM
    Script: /boards/admin/upgrade13.php?step=2
    Referer: http://www.veggieboards.com/boards/admin/upgrade13.php
    -->
    Michael2 that's your problem mysql error: Access denied for user: '[email protected]' to database 'vbvbulletin'

i think your web host hasn't given your mysql privileges to ALTER tables... contact your host

daviatt your problem might not be the same depends on what your error message code says

Leave a comment:

• daviatt
    replied
    seems like a bug

Is this working for anyone out there?

Leave a comment:

• Michael2
    replied
    <!-- Database error in vBulletin :

Invalid SQL: ALTER TABLE poll ADD multiple SMALLINT UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' not null
    mysql error: Access denied for user: '[email protected]' to database 'vbvbulletin'

mysql error number: 1044

Date: Wednesday 07th of November 2001 11:38:11 AM
    Script: /boards/admin/upgrade13.php?step=2
    Referer: http://www.veggieboards.com/boards/admin/upgrade13.php
    -->
    Last edited by Michael2; Wed 7 Nov '01, 8:54am.

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    on the mysql error page which has the message right click and view the source code of the page and copy and paste the full mysql error message here

Leave a comment:

• Michael2
    replied
    Same problem here, I'm trying to upgrade from 2.03. Slightly different message...

Updating settings ....
    Altering Poll Table to support Multiple Choice Polls
    There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
    Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.
    An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.
    We apologise for any inconvenience.
    Last edited by Michael2; Wed 7 Nov '01, 8:32am.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X