Super Moderators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Moderators

Exactly what permissions do super moderators have?

I have been told that they acquire the same permissions a local moderator has in any particular forum. However, if this is the case, and you have no local moderators, the question is still left unanswered.

They get moderator permissions (ie move, delete, edit etc) in every forum.

Comment

What about:

Edit posts
      Delete posts
      View IP's
      Manage threads (move, copy, split, etc)
      Open and close threads
      Edit thread info (subject, icons, notes, etc)
      Moderatre new posts
      Moderate new attachments
      Ban users
      View whole user profile (but not edit)
      Post announcements
      Mass move threads
      Mass prune threads

Comment

They can do anything an administrator can do except access the Admin Control Panel (but you can give them that right if you wish).

Comment

Wow.... ouch ok. Is there any way to configure these permissions?

Comment

Unfortunately (as I found out the hard way) no.

Comment

Ok. Thanks =) hehe.. may I ask what happened?
              Last edited by Dotagious; Mon 5 Nov '01, 10:46am.

Comment

I had a super mod who decided she didn't like a thread and deleted it...only problem is she should not of as there was no reason besides her personal dislike of it...lead to a whole thread about how my members were being censored...big mess.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger
                  Wow.... ouch ok. Is there any way to configure these permissions?
                  Hmmm, maybe I'm too sleepy and didn't understand the question correctly, but isn't this configurable using the User Groups -> Forum Permissions in the VB CP?

Apologies in advance if I indeed didn't understand it correctly...
                  OPEN TECH SUPPORT
                  "Tech is our middle name!"

Comment

All the permissions in that list apply to the person themselves, not other people's posts.

Comment

I guess I hadn't thought much about 'super moderators' and/or what they could do. Never thought about having a user at that level. But - the info is good to know.

If I would give someone 'Supermoderator' status, are they also added to the moderator's list in every forum, or is it a 'stealth' type of situation where they have the privilages in every forum without being listed?
                      Last edited by Marc Smith; Sat 1 Dec '01, 12:09pm.

Comment

It is a 'stealth' system - for example all of the moderators here are super moderators, but we only show up in our chosen forums.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X