Deleted Forum but total post count still high

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleted Forum but total post count still high

I deleted a forum in 2.2.0 and it did a php max execution timeout of 30 seconds. Now the forum is gone, but the total thread/post count is what it was before. I did update counter but that didnt help. Since the process timed out, I think the threads are still in the database. What do I do to take them out?

Thanks

anyone?

Comment

You don't happen to know the forumid for the forum you deleted?

Comment

Originally posted by tubedogg
        You don't happen to know the forumid for the forum you deleted?
        ooooooo

man...i dont think so....I think its 76, in fact I am pretty sure it is....so what do I do my friend?

Comment

First, make a backup of your forum. Do it now, I'll wait.

Rename this script to finishdeletions.php

Then run this script from your main forums directory.

Please please PLEASE make a backup first.
          Last edited by tubedogg; Mon 19 Nov '01, 10:00am.

Comment

First, make a backup of your forum. Do it now, I'll wait.

Rename this script to finishdeletions.php

Then run this script from your main forums directory.

Please please PLEASE make a backup first.
            I dont have access to telnet at this moment
            ill backup when i do, and then run that script

I really appreciate your help and ill get back with you

Comment

I have a question.

I am pretty sure about the forum number but what if I ran that script with a wrong forum number? I can edit it manually where you typed in forum 76 in that script, but what if it was forum 75? 75 is the 'next' invalid forum and it could be that one....would running the script on the wrong 'invalid' forum number screw anything up?

Comment

What do you mean by 'invalid'? If 76 still has stuff in the forum table, then it is not gone and you should not run this script on it.

Comment

What do you mean by 'invalid'? If 76 still has stuff in the forum table, then it is not gone and you should not run this script on it.

Ok, this is what it is....I thought the forum id was 76 but its not, thats a valid forum. How can I find out what the forum id was? To find that, I was going backwards and 74,75 came out as invalid forums. Does it not mean that the forum that got deleted was one of those two?

Comment

Upload the attached script to your forums directory and run it. It should find the forum with the problem for you. Use this forumid in the other script.

Comment

Comment

the script stops at forumid 42
                        bug?

Comment

By 'stops' do you mean the last forum it lists is 42? It will only list the forums that have threads in them but *no* record in the forum table. So assuming everything above 42 has a record in the forum table that would be fine.

Just to be on the safe side I have modified it so it will print a list of the good forums at the end. These are forums with records in the forum table.

Comment

I ran the script again and the attached file is what it generated...I am kinda confused....could you see which forum number it is?

Thanks again....you are helping me tremendously.

Comment

That's not right at all...back to the drawing board. I will try to work out the problems with the script and get back to you.

Comment

Working...
                              X