No announcement yet.

loosing Posts in counter after update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi you only loose the counting not the posts.
    So If a Member has before one week 10100 Postst and made 100 Postst this week, his posts are still there only the counter has 10100 and did not count the 100 Posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Dooley
      its very easy install your old board from last week du an upgrade to 2.2.0 than make an backup only fron the user table and play it back to your forum you loose this way only the posts of last week, so this is better than 8000
      So your saying to reinstall the old version of the forums, database backup from last week. Then I do a dump of the user tables, then install 2.2.0 once installed reload the old user tables from the back-up to the new database? I could handle the members losing a weeks worth of post counts, just not 3 years worth......

Comment

Ok what i did

1. i made a new database
        2. i put restored my backup from the complete board in this databas
        3. then i upgraded this to 2.2.0
        4. than i made an backup from the user table
        5 i delete on my original forum the user table
        6 i restore the user table from the old board

It works fine for me my users are very happy because they lost only a couple of post countings

Comment

Originally posted by clearchanel
          Had I have known of this problem before I upgraded, I would not have upgraded until the problem was fixed.
          I'm not quite sure what problem you're referring to - the update function works as it is supposed to.
          Simple docuemention could have adverted this disaster........
          With all due respect, the documentation did not say to update counters.

Comment

Originally posted by tubedogg
            I'm not quite sure what problem you're referring to - the update function works as it is supposed to.
            With all due respect, the documentation did not say to update counters.
            The update function does not work as it did in version 2.03 My members have lost quite a few posts, and some have even lost a higher member status. It is very incovient.

Tom Dooley,

I'm not sure how to restore just the user table, I think I can delete it with phpmyadmin.

I would like to try this in the morning, when my forums are less busy.

Thanks

Comment

It doesn't work as it did in 2.0.3 because it wasn't in 2.0.3

Comment

Originally posted by freddie
                It doesn't work as it did in 2.0.3 because it wasn't in 2.0.3
                Rather then try and help fix a problem, the developers add little execpt to defend the choice.

I've received loads more help from the members then developers, and that my friend is a shame. This is not intended to enrage the developers, it's intended to point out the obvious.

Is there a way a member can repair this problem?

I appericate Tom Dooley's response, it sounds like the most feesable fix, but I will not bother him with private messages or emails, should he chose to respond, I would be grateful.

Thanks again.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X