Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• loosing Posts in counter after update

Hi,
    after update to 2.2.0 und updating the counter my Members loose a lot of Posts in counter.
    Some of them more then 2000. Myself i had 1800 and now i have only 360 ?
    So what is the Problem with this ?

Thanks

Have u tried updating the counters?
    Email: [email protected]
    Site: Under Construction

Comment

shure, this came after i update the counters

Comment

Have all the forums got this switched on (to yes):

Count posts made in this forum towards user post counts?

in Modify Forums

?

Comment

shure, even its the same as before. all forums exept one countt the posts, same as before the update

Comment

maybe tubdogg would know ?

I'll send him a PM

Comment

I hope so
              My Users are very sad of this. I supose that i prune some old postst in the past. In the old VB version this do not affect to the Users Posting counts. But the new version only counts posts what are in Database: But i´m not shure with this.
              But if so this is a bad solution because i have to clean up the database sometomes, because it get´s too big, and then again my Users loose Postings..

So i hope somebody nows an solution

Comment

You shouldn't have ran the "update user's post count" counter. No where in the upgrade instructions do we suggest that you should update counters. When you did this it calculated your user's posts based on how many posts they had at that moment in the database. If you have pruned threads than they would have lost those posts. The "Update user's post count" is a new tool that was added in this version because many people asked for the ability to be able to reset the posts counts to their current totals.

Comment

Oh now i see ;(

I think best is to restore the Users from my backup

Comment

Why were we not made aware of this feature. My members are pissed that some had over 10,000 posts and now they show 2,342. Excatly was was the point of doing that, and how do we fix it?

Thanks

Comment

Hi
                      what i did is first to remove this funktion from misc.php, that this can not be happend again, nobody needs this

next i used a backup and trnasfer back the old member datas, so my users lost posts only for one day

Comment

With password encryption, I guess it's impossoble to back out of 2.20 and go back to 2.03, unless of course, I use the backed up database from last week, in which I lose a whole weeks of forums.

You really should have put some kind of waring in the install docs, or at least in the cp. But you chose to push the issue of installing the upgrade. I trusted your advice, now my members are pissed.

You resond with, No one told you to update your post counters, well no told us not to either.

How are we going to fix this

Comment

There is no way for you to get the post counts back without restoring a backup.

I am sorry for your loss and I have adjusted the wording to make it more clear exactly what is going to happen if you choose to update post counters.

I added this "feature" after seeing many users complain of not having a way to update post counts with the actual number currently in the database.

Comment

its very easy install your old board from last week du an upgrade to 2.2.0 than make an backup only fron the user table and play it back to your forum you loose this way only the posts of last week, so this is better than 8000

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Dooley
                              you loose this way only the posts of last week, so this is better than 8000
                              It's not that simple, what about the 2,000 posts posted since I upgraded to the new 2.20?

Had I have known of this problem before I upgraded, I would not have upgraded until the problem was fixed.

I followed the following recommendiation posted by Jelsoft:

The other reason in the large version check is that we have started having independant security audits on the vBulletin code. Security has always been treated as a very serious issue here at Jelsoft, and to reflect this, David Zentner joins our team for the sole purpose of ensuring that the vBulletin code is impervious to all attacks. A number of obscure issues were discovered in the code during our the thorough audit that took place, and because of this we would seriously recommend that everyone upgrades to version 2.2.0 as soon as possible. An email has been sent out to all vBulletin customers warning them of the importance.
                              My point being, they would seriously recommend that I upgrade to version 2.2.0. I followed that recommendation, and pissed off lots of members.

If I'm going to expect the members to perform for the forums, they should at best, expect me to perform for them.

Simple docuemention could have adverted this disaster........

Instead, I have to live with the disaster, and explain to my members it is my fault, and it can not be fixed.

Thanks

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X