Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is "Mark this forum read" working properly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    It is just a temporary solution until we have time look at it thoroughly for v3.0

Leave a comment:

• dscollon
    replied
    Ah, I see. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• tubedogg
    replied
    It is using the same cookie-based system that thread marking currently uses. After reading a few threads (or in this case marking a few forums read) the cookie starts popping forums off the other end because cookies can only be 4KB per the spec.

Leave a comment:

• dscollon
    started a topic Is "Mark this forum read" working properly?

Is "Mark this forum read" working properly?

Is anyone having problems with this feature?

It doesn't seem to be working properly on this board as far as I can see. I've been taking careful note tonight. First I went to the Announcements Discussions forum, clicked on Mark this forum read and went back to the main page. The new posts indicator was off and the last post was 2.17am.

After browsing and posting in a few other forums I went back to the main page. The new posts indicator for the Announcements Discussions was back on again but the last post was unchanged. Going back into that forum confirmed that there were no new posts although posts were once again showing as being new (the way they had been when I first logged on tonight).

Did I explain that properly? It's as iff after browsing for a while, it forgets that you've marked a forum as read.

Anyone else having the same problem?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X