user unable to post attachments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• user unable to post attachments

A participant on my forums site is now unable to post attachments (he just changed his ISP to home.com, changed his email address, and went through the email verification process; also, I just upgraded the site to 2.2.0 - I don't know if any of this has any bearing on the glitch he is experiencing).

Here is a description of the problem/issue (in his words):

"Thanks for looking into this! What happens is:

1. After composing a message, I click on "browse" and select an image from my local machine;

2. I click "submit," but when the message appears on the thread there is no attachment to be seen and there's no "Mr. Cat has attached the following image" statement, either;

3. No error messages of any kind appear at any stage of the process.

I appreciate your help in figuring this out. There must be an incompatibility issue between vBulletin and AT&[email protected] The AT&[email protected] technical people are apparently unable so far to identify the source of the problem.

By the way, I'm having this site-specific problem whilst using my AT&T @Home 2.01 (build 2,0,1,16) browser and my Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0.2600.0000CO browser."

I hope to hear from someone soon about this! Thanks much.

Why is there no response to this yet? Because three or four people have been asking about this, and I don't know what to tell them. I didn't change any settings, so it's apparently a glitch. Or is it? What should I do?

Comment

Still unable to post attachments...

Comment

whats the file size of the attachment???
        MCSE, MVP, CCIE
        Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Also,

Is everyone having this problem or just this person?

Can you duplicate the problem yourself?

What "Site-Specific" Problems is he encountering?
          JTMON

Comment

Originally posted by JTMON
            Also,

Is everyone having this problem or just this person?

Can you duplicate the problem yourself?

What "Site-Specific" Problems is he encountering?

Just the one he was describing, with being unable to post attachments. He kept describing that as a "site-specific problem."

There's been at least three or four other users with this issue (since the upgrade, it seems), as well - so I don't think the image size is an issue in particular.

Comment

I still haven't heard back from anyone about this, and the users on my site still can't post attachments! I really need to hear back from someone soon about this! Thank you.

Comment

Did you create an official support ticket in the members area here?
                JTMON

Comment

No - I didn't realize I should do that. Will do so now.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X