Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switching from .php3 to .php?

Is this possible?

Heres the deal: When I first got vB I had some mySQL errors when using the php version. So I got the php3 version instead, and it worked fine.

Today I installed another instance of vBulletin to test out hacks before I try em on my actual board (which is a good thing cuz I messed up a few hacks forcing a reinstall of vB ). I was easily able to install it in my subdomain. Its using the regular .php version.

Now, alot if not all hacks and stuff point to using .php instead of .php3. For instance, the mod-dropdown hack which works great on my test board, didnt work too good on my actual forums using php3, so I'd really like to use .php now.

Is this possible? I dont wanna lose accounts, msgs, threads etc. is there any way of migrating a vB board to a new location or is this just not possible?
    forums: pcfx.cc
    gallery: here

It's sure possible. However, do a backup of your database in any case. May you want to keep your old files, too. Just in case...
    After that upload the php files and the style file included there since the templates need also to be changed so the links work with php extensions. Alternatively, download your style's file, open it in a text editor and do a search and replace all php3 extensions with php.
    Ueli

Comment

Here's the steps I would take:
      1) Close your board.
      2) Upload all of the .php files to your server as well as vbulletin.style.
      3) Upload upgrade12.php and run *this step only*
      upgrade12.php?step=2
      Go to the admin CP manually, making sure you use the .php version not the .php3 version.
      4) Run a search+replace operation on your templates, searching for
      .php3
      and replacing with
      .php
      (note the . in front of them!)
      5) Delete the .php3 files off your server.
      6) Reopen your board.

Comment

4) Run a search+replace operation on your templates

How exactly do I do this? I goto my Admin Panel using .php and then what? Do I have to go in each template and manually search for each .php3 entry and change it to .php?

I have to do this for all headers/custom code as well right?

Comment

Admin CP -> Templates -> Search.
          Seriously! - The Definitive Home of All Things Serious
          Seriously! Forums

To recieve support on these forums, enter your username here.

Comment

duh. I need glasses. me teh dumb. Thanks

Comment

oh btw, do I need to do this for 2.0.3 .php or can I do the 2.2.0 upgrade?

Comment

Ok Im trying to to step 3 and 4 but all I get is a blank page, nothing happens. I uploaded all the files from 2.2.0 .php version but it was a no go.

I upgraded to 2.2.0 using .php3 and it works fine. hmm.

I sent in a TT about it so hopefully the issue will be resolved soon. Dont know why its not working though.
                Last edited by Mr. X; Wed 31 Oct '01, 11:32pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X