Importing Backup Database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing Backup Database

I have a test forum and I was trying to import a copy of my current database into the test forum via telnet. I received the following error message below:

error 1062 at line 547967:
    duplicate entry 'cliche' for key 2

In spite of this, everything appears to be working fine on the test forum (and my real one), but obviously something is wrong ... right?

I have done a search and found quite a few examples of this type of problem with an equal number of solutions ... which only confused me more.

There is no rush here but if someone can help me understand what's going on and how to correct it, I'll be very grateful.

Thanks,

Destee
    Last edited by Destee; Wed 31 Oct '01, 4:00pm.
    destee.com

just a hint ... please?
    destee.com

Comment

did you import into a database that was empty or already had tables?
      :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
      :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
      :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

it was empty eva ... newly created for this purpose
        destee.com

Comment

I have a php script for importing a database

it's attached

Comment

Originally posted by rewen
            I have a php script for importing a database

it's attached
            i hope that script's prefilled mysql db password isn't a real one???
            :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
            :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
            :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

No, it's some old login from a site that doesn't exist anymore.

Also you need to edit the .sql file and look for all lines with posts etc that are more than one line long and change them so that they are one line with \r\n acting as and code for new line, like <BR> in html.

example
              INSERT INTO setting VALUES('13','3','Fax Number','faxnumber','','Enter the fax number for your company here. COPPA forms will be faxed to it.
              </p>
              <p>You may wish to check out <a href=\"http://www.efax.com/\" target=_blank>http://www.efax.com/</a>','','4');

becomes
              INSERT INTO setting VALUES('13','3','Fax Number','faxnumber','','Enter the fax number for your company here. COPPA forms will be faxed to it.\r\n</p>\r\n<p>You may wish to check out <a href=\"http://www.efax.com/\" target=_blank>http://www.efax.com/</a>','','4');

please note that it is all one line although it may not look like it in this post

Comment

I'm here again, experiencing this same problem (I never solved it before, just left it alone to tackle more pressing issues). Anyway, I'm receiving the same error msg it's just referencing a different line:

error 1062 at line 960801:
                duplicate entry 'cliche' for key 2

Trying to import the same database into an empty, newly created one. Any help on correcting this error message?

Rewen, thank you for your import script but I have root access and am simply copying the file from one place to another. Don't really think I should have to use a special script for this.

Any help oh great and wonderful vBulletin Support Team?

Destee
                destee.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X