No announcement yet.

Question Regarding problems uploading avatars and attachments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turns out this was a bug in php 4.05...I upgraded to 4.06 and problem solved!!!!!!!!
    Marc
    -------

Comment

Hi, I am having this same problem. I have not upgraded Vbullletin yet, as things were working pretty well. I moved the forum to a new server and everything is fine, except that attachments are not working.

I have done quite a bit of searching here and found that my Plesk interface seems to be a problem. I think I have done most everything that was recommended.

Per this thread: http://vbulletin.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=37766 I did the SSH and then PICO thing.
      I set the tmp directory to CHMOD 777

My forum is located at:
      http://www.pcbstandards.com/forums/index.php?s=

Loaded is:
      FreeBSD 4.5
      Apache 1.3.19
      mod_ssl 2.8.3
      mod_perl 1.24_01
      mod_php 4.1.2
      FrontPage Server 2002 Extensions
      mysql 3.23.36

I am running Vb Ver 2.0.3

My initial question is, would upgrading Vbulletin solve my problem? I am aware and intend on upgrading for security reasons. Just did not want to do it right now. But if it does, I will. I need my users to be able to upload attachments.

Thanks!

Comment

What version of PHP is your server running? It's possible your host has disabled file uploads because of the security hole in all versions prior to 4.1.2. Do you have a link to your phpinfo.php file?
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I am running mod_php 4.1.2 which was supplied with the server. I hope that answers your question. I am not well versed in this. Where would this phpinfo.php file be located?

Comment

If you don't have one, create a new file names phpinfo.php with this content:

PHP Code:
            <?php
            phpinfo
            ();
            ?>
            Then upload it to your forums directory and post the URL here.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Cool! Thanks.
              Last edited by randychase; Thu 18 Apr '02, 12:12pm.

Comment

Ugh - Plesk!

Unfortunately I've heard of nothing but problems with Plesk. You might find some solutions in this thread:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=37766

Good luck!

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Oh well. I tried most everything on that thread. Not sure what else to try.

But somehow, something I did (or it's coincidence??) took down all access to all my domains. I can still FTP or log in to my server, but I lost all internet access.

Comment

Okay, one small typo and your world crashes down.

When you end the statement with a <Directory> instead of </Directory>, that killed the entire server. Yikes.

Now it's fixed, but I still can not upload attachments.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X