P I C T U R E ..... This! :-O

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P I C T U R E ..... This! :-O

I have a new board at vBulletin. Over at my old site (EZBoards) we were able to display an image in a board posting by linking an existing image(which is/was located somewhere else on the web) into the post.

We did this by typing
    [ image ]image_here.com/photo.jpg [ /image ]

Since the Ezboard system seems to basically be a slightly "re-written/disguised" version of the vBulletin system , can someone tell if/how I can link photos into postings here at vB? (I mean... what is the coding that a poster would use around the image location)

Also, if there is some setting I have to change in my control panel, please let me know that too since I have looked at all of the areas in my CP where I thought these option settings would be located. Thanks to anyone who can help with this.

-=Xube
    ... it's just technology
    Last edited by Xube; Mon 29 Oct '01, 7:22am.
    :p -=Xube ®
    ...it's just technology

Firstly, it must be turned on. Go to Forums > modify > your forum name > [edit] and check that the Allow IMG BB Code is set to yes. (This is a per-forum setting and must be done for each one).

Then, use [img]yoururl.com/to/image.jpg[/img]

Comment

Thanks

Done! Thanks tubedogg

This direction also helped me with another question I had earlier, namely, how do you eliminate the rate this post column/feature (which no one ever seems to use...at least not much--check the number of posts that are "rated" here on the vBulletin help board--virtually none)

Thanks again for the advice.

Xube
      ... it's just technology
      ...it's just technology

Comment

http://www.mcseboard.de/images/buttons/lastpost.gif www.MCSEboard.de
        German Windows Server & IT Pro Community dedicated to Windows Client & Server Systems. MVPs inside

Comment

Re: Thanks

Originally posted by Xube
          how do you eliminate the rate this post column/feature
          You may wish to hold off on that just yet - as you may have noticed, with this version, you can rate while replying, which may increase the number of people who rate.

Comment

if you'd like, you can also add [image] as a custom tag in vBulletin's control panel, so that previous posts that contain that tag will still show correctly. All it requires is basic HTML knowledge.

Comment

The existing ezboard posts would have been converted properly in the transfer.

Comment

oic. Nevermind what I said then

Comment

Thanks, I've informed my users about the I M G tag change. And Freddie is right, the import automatically converted the old IMAGE tags to IMG's since all our old photos are still linked and visible on our new ly imported board.

-=Xube
                  ... it's just technology
                  ...it's just technology

Comment

Working...
                  X