Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some problems....

There are 3 problems:

1. Users edit their profile (Mods?), but when they update the profile, a white page will open and no changes have been made.

2. In some cases, the following link is missing in some threads, but not for all users? (Cookie problem?):

Pages (2): [ 1 2 > ] Go to first unread post

3. We had today sometimes 190 Users online. 3 times we got error messages:

Database error in vBulletin: Link-ID == false, connect failed

Thanks for helping.

Some more

http://www.3dwin.de/forum/attachment...=&postid=37923

for the missing links

and we use PHPNuke 5.2

Comment

One thing more:

User is after logging out still logged in! Deleting the cookies in IE can help, but this is no solution

Comment

1. did you just upgrade to 2.0.3 ? try reverting your modifyprofile and modifyoptions templates

2. this is probably due to some users having different settings for how many posts per threads they want to view i.e. if you had a 50 post thread, and 1 user selects to view 10 posts per page per thread they'd see 5 pages and have a link but if they choose to see 60 posts per thread per page then they'd have no link viewable

3. means mysql server was stopped/shutdown and restarted - ask you host about this
        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

1. did you just upgrade to 2.0.3 ? try reverting your modifyprofile and modifyoptions templates
          Our vbulletin is version 2.0.3. All templates are changed. This problem is not for all users the same, it exits very selden, but it exits.
          2. this is probably due to some users having different settings for how many posts per threads they want to view i.e. if you had a 50 post thread, and 1 user selects to view 10 posts per page per thread they'd see 5 pages and have a link but if they choose to see 60 posts per thread per page then they'd have no link viewable

No, with the default pages settings the links are SOMETIMES still missing.
          3. means mysql server was stopped/shutdown and restarted - ask you host about this
          ok, I will do it.

Comment

PS to 2:

If you log out, all links are available. If you log in, links are gone away. The problem exists only for admins or mods, registered users have no problems. But after changing the mods to registered users, the proplem is still present!

PS: i changed the signature in smallfont and grey color. But the mods see white color and kursiv...
            Last edited by Peter Hauser; Mon 22 Oct '01, 4:43am.

Comment

There no 3 problems:

i founded the source: some mistakes in the remplacment templates...grr. Thanks for all, our board is now fine working.

Sorry for the circumstances

Comment