Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I make forumjump show up on the forumhome page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I make forumjump show up on the forumhome page?

I know it sounds a bit redundant to have the forumjump feature show up on the main page (forumhome), but I'm working on a project here, and it will all make sense later. For now, I just need to know how to get forumjump to show up anywhere...specifically, I want to place it in the header and footer. I tried putting $forumjump in there, but nothing showed up.
    -Justin "JJR512" Rebbert
    JJR512.com: Chat about anything!

If you want on the main page, just add this:
    Code:
    makeforumjump();
    somewhere in index.php (after require('./global.php'); would be just good).

If you want it in the header, then you must add makeforumjump(); in global.php but before the header is parsed.
    (I hope it doesn't make any trouble, but it might, so check first)
    Chen Avinadav
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

Which global.php...the one in the forums folder or the one in the forums/admin folder?
      -Justin "JJR512" Rebbert

Comment

Obviously the one in the main folder.
        Same with index.php.
        Chen Avinadav
        Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Comment

OK, since I wanted it in the header, I assumed from your instructions that all I needed to do was add makeforumjump(); to global.php, and didn't need to also put it in index.php, is that correct?

I initially put it in global.php just above the Start headers section. When I did this, none of the forums showed up on the main page...that is to say, where you normally see all the categories and forums, they weren't there. The whole table was missing. Also, forumjump was not present.

I then tried moving makeforumjump(); to be just above the section that precedes the Start headers bit, and that is the Start load options bit. This way, the forums/categories table did show up. Still, forumjump was not present.

I finally tried putting makeforumjump(); above the Start functions section, but that just resulted in error messages.

I also tried adding it to index.php, even though it didn't seem necessary. I added it just where you said, and that also reduced in the category/forum table completely disappearing as described previously.
          -Justin "JJR512" Rebbert

Comment

You are right, if you add it in the right spot in gloabl.php the forums don't show up.
            Chen Avinadav

Comment

OK, but how can I get the forumjump to show up?
              -Justin "JJR512" Rebbert

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X