7812717271ed

URL : intranet
    PHP : 4.0.5
    Mysql: 3.23.32
    Vbulletin : 2.2.3
    win2k, IIS5

Comment

resolved the problem by setting the cookie domain blank in the admin cp
      Tony Rieker | Founder of PBNation.com - one of the LARGEST vBulletin forums on the net!

Comment

Originally posted by Kaizen
        Posted by Martin in another thread:

if you run into the logout problem again, there's a good chance that you have a corrupted cookie. it happens to people on my board all the time.

when it happens, close ALL browser windows, go to your cookies folder. For IE, it's now dependant on what OS you use, just search for files or folders called "Cookies",
        Find all cookies with your domain or IP in the name, and delete them.

In Nutscrape, it will be "cookies.txt". Open it and delete all lines with your domain or IP in them.

Opera, you're on your own. Never use it.
        I tried this out with IE 6 (Win98), and it still logs me out at random. It also does this on here as well as the forums I help run (www.coasterforum.com).

My cookie settings are the following...
        Override default cookie handling
        Accept First Party cookies
        Block Third Party cookies
        Always Allow Session Cookies

vbulletin.com and coasterforum.com are set to "always allow" cookies.

On the boards, cookie path is set to / and the cookie URL is blank. I DO have the accounts on each board set to Automatically login with cookies, and to use cookies on this site.

The funny thing is that this never happened with 2.0.3 for me, and both boards now run 2.2.4.

Any ideas?
        Proud Admin of http://www.thrillnetwork.com/
        Finally live with vB4... I will say it's a pain in the bucket compared to what we're used to working with (using free CMS software no less).
        "If it doesn't fit, beat it with a hammer until it does"
        - Jesse James, West Coast Choppers

Comment

you are not using zone alarm or any other firewalls eh?
          Kooooool Girl

StreetRacingGallery.com
          Click here to add your auto club/team in our new Automotive Directory
          Our website is proudly hosted by Siteomatic.net

Comment

I am behind a firewall... but I don't see why that should affect things cuz like I said... I never had to re-login with 2.0.3 until we upgraded. By the way, some of the users on my site are having the same problem as me.
            Finally live with vB4... I will say it's a pain in the bucket compared to what we're used to working with (using free CMS software no less).

Comment

By the way, if there is an FAQ or a document somewhere that touches on the issue of vBulletin and cookies that'd be great. I know it isn't a general PHP issue, because like I said, I never had the problem with 2.0.3, and I never have problems with any other cookies, and when there are problems, it is usually the site that is at fault, not my cookie settings or anything.

Comment

The new ZoneAlarm Pro 3 have the privacy setting and if you are using that, it's better if you check your settings...maybe set it to enable all cookies or to enable cookies for sites that use vBulletin. If you are using Norton Internet Security 2002 it has the firewall settings too and you may want to check your privacy setting for that. Besides, you may want to check your browser's cookie setting. Hopefully you would not have the re-login problems after you enable all cookies. :-)

Did you ask those other users (that have the same problem) if they use firewalls or if they enable all cookies in their browsers?

On a different note, I noticed that when I use netscape 6.2.1 to login, it's very fast. But when I use IE 6, it takes forever to login.

Originally posted by StevenTN
                I am behind a firewall... but I don't see why that should affect things cuz like I said... I never had to re-login with 2.0.3 until we upgraded. By the way, some of the users on my site are having the same problem as me.
                Last edited by *Kool Girl*; Wed 10th Jul '02, 11:41pm.
                Kooooool Girl

StreetRacingGallery.com
                Click here to add your auto club/team in our new Automotive Directory
                Our website is proudly hosted by Siteomatic.net

Comment

see my forums wont send a cookie at all

Comment

what I should've said is that it is a firewall on the part of the WAN that I am on... not a personal firewall. Other users are having the same problem, with or without a firewall, network connection or dial-up.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X