Users having to "re-login" all the time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Users having to "re-login" all the time

Some of my users are logging into my VB just fine, but are experiencing problems when it comes time to post.

after making a couple of posts suddenly they get logged out for no reason (the now famous "you haven't logged in yet" screen will pop up, out of nowhere).

Quite often, it means some of them are re-logging in several times during posting sessions.

Cookies are enabled for them - I've had them clear their cookies, but the problem still crops up.

Any ideas for me?

Running 2.02 (with the latest 2.03 sessions update) on this board. I am running another board, on the same box, with 2.03, although the problem was happening before I put the new install in for my other site.

Cheers.
    Incursus: (latin: clash, collision/attack, raid, foray, invasion)
    We Create Thingz.

An update - one user says Netscape 4.7 seems to run fine, it only seems to happen with IE 5.5.

I need a solution to this.
    We Create Thingz.

Comment

Did you try to use sessions? May that helps. I never had any problems like this with MSIE 5.5 and 6.0. Also check the cookie path for your board.
      Ueli

Comment

Most of my users don't seem to have a problem with running cookies under IE (I am one of them). However, it should work as advertised.

My cookie domain is blank (doesn't need to be set anyway). My cookie path is simply "/".
        We Create Thingz.

Comment

unixman, please enter your license information in your profile. See the link in my sig for more info. Thanks!

Comment

Whoops - done. Apologies for not having that in there to begin with.

Now, where's the love?
            We Create Thingz.

Comment

Bumping this up. Still getting lots of complaints about this.

Cheers.
              We Create Thingz.

Comment

did you make sure your forum members have remember log in details set to 'yes' ?
                :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Yes.

In fact, some people log in, try to post, get an error. Log back in, try to post, get an error, ad nauseum.
                  We Create Thingz.

Comment

Posted by Martin in another thread:

if you run into the logout problem again, there's a good chance that you have a corrupted cookie. it happens to people on my board all the time.

when it happens, close ALL browser windows, go to your cookies folder. For IE, it's now dependant on what OS you use, just search for files or folders called "Cookies",
                    Find all cookies with your domain or IP in the name, and delete them.

In Nutscrape, it will be "cookies.txt". Open it and delete all lines with your domain or IP in them.

Opera, you're on your own. Never use it.
                    Email: [email protected]
                    Site: Under Construction

Comment

I am of the firm belief that it shouldn't happen all the time.

At any rate, been there, done that, still no dice.
                      We Create Thingz.

Comment

up

i have had this problem arise in several differnet versions of vbulletin, i also, would like to see a solution to this problem.

Thanks!
                        Tony Rieker | Founder of PBNation.com - one of the LARGEST vBulletin forums on the net!

Comment

I am also experiencing this problem at one of boards i visit.

Have tried all of the suggestions above and none of em work

It constantly tells me i'm not logged in - can't even read any posts

they are using version 2.2
                          Andrew Johns

Applications Administration
                          Information Services
                          Bendigo Health Care Group
                          7812717271ed

URL : intranet
                          PHP : 4.0.5
                          Mysql: 3.23.32
                          Vbulletin : 2.2.3
                          win2k, IIS5

Comment

Kheldar,

What browser and operating system are you using?
                            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

IE6 & winXP
                              Andrew Johns

Applications Administration
                              Information Services
                              Bendigo Health Care Group
                              7812717271ed

URL : intranet
                              PHP : 4.0.5
                              Mysql: 3.23.32
                              Vbulletin : 2.2.3
                              win2k, IIS5

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X