Private forum and custom group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private forum and custom group

I want to set up a private forum for use by 1 mod and 2 admin. Despite changing the custom settings for mods in that forum, they can all still post in it so I had to manually change every mod.

My question is how do I set up a group with just those 3 people in it? I obviously still want the 2 admin to have the same permissions and access to the control panel but don't want the mod to access the cp!

go to Admin CP and go to Forums & Moderators go to the forum that you want to be private and click in the edit link. Thin scroll down and find 'is private forum' now admins/mods can enter only that forum

Comment

You will also need to enable it for mods in the User Groups => Modify forums.

Also both of you, please enter your license information in your profile. Thanks!
      Chen Avinadav
      Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

ubje I have already done that, I don't want mods to have access except for one.

Firefly surely u mean disable? I've been thru all the settings and think there's a bug here. Despite making it a private forum, editing the forums custom settings and denying access to mods, when I check each mods profile, they can still post (tho possibility they can't see the forum?).

btw license info? where do i get that? i'm an admin on the board but it wasn't me who purchased it!

Comment

Sorry, I misunderstood your question.

You can create a new forum, that no one will have access to it (include mods and admins), but then enable access for them using the access masks system.

And you will need to obtain your license info from the person that purchased vBulletin.
          Alternatively, he can enter the info for you in your profile.
          Chen Avinadav
          Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Comment

Where is the access masks system?

Comment

I just got the license number from my friend who purchased it, tried to enter it into the customer number field in my profile and it said invalid combination?

Comment

Maybe it's out of date, I have no idea.

Anyway, to edit access masks of a user, click [edit access mask] next to its name when you search for users (i.e when you click List All Users).
                Don't forget to enable Access Masks in the Change Options screen.
                Chen Avinadav

Comment

But how do I set up a forum so that NO ONE has access to it, not even admin and mods?

Comment

Like I said, go to Usergroups and Permissions => Modify Forums. There click on each group and disable all permissions.
                    Chen Avinadav

Comment

Yeah but I done that for the mods and when I looked at a mod's profile he still had access to the new forum!

Oh and btw the license is only 1/2 months old.

Comment

Working...
                      X