UBB import problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UBB import problems

I've setup vBulletin and run the UBB 6 import. It apears that the members have imported correctly. However, the not all of the topics were imported??? Any suggestions?
    PowWows.com

Anyone?
    PowWows.com

Comment

UBB, especially UBB 6, has a lot of problem with corruption in the thread files. Sometimes these threads will not import, or import incorrectly.
      Webmaster:
      @forumz

Comment

Ok, so what can I do?

Should I deleted all the forums and try to reimport them?
        PowWows.com

Comment

Also, since my UBB is still active right now. Is there a way when I go live with vBulletin to sync the members? Or do I have to import all of them again also?

thanks
          PowWows.com

Comment

Can a moderator or someone from vBulletin respond so I can move forward??

thanks
            PowWows.com

Comment

Originally posted by pgowder
              Also, since my UBB is still active right now. Is there a way when I go live with vBulletin to sync the members? Or do I have to import all of them again also?
              vB doesn't 'sync' with your UBB so anything added to UBB after the import won't be on your vB board. I would shut down your UBB, import, then open up as a vB. That's how I did my switch from UBB to vB.

As for your other problem, I wish I could help. Unfortunately I don't know what to suggest.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

sorry about not getting back to you sooner, I was doing my weekend things yesterday.

what is it you're missing from your import? If you are leaving the board active while trying to import, it could cause problems.

Try deleting all the members and posts, then shut down UBB and import again.

If you get error messages along the way, write them down and post them here. It will help us in determing what the problem might be.
                Webmaster:
                @forumz

Comment

Support helped me resolve the problem. I'll be closing down ubb tonight and doing another reimport!!

Thanks for the help!
                  PowWows.com

Comment

After your test UBB import is successful - you can just delete the VB database and start over again when ready to go live. Or the VB install script offers to reinitialise the database for you.

Close UBB before the import and you might want to run "update threads" in each forum to correct any anomalies. Also run the "rebuild member list" function from the UBB control panel. If the UBB data is in a reasonable state it should import OK.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X