How Do I logout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do I logout?

I want more than one person to be able sign up with one computer, but the logout feature does not do anything.

If I add the code $logincode you see the logout link and when you click it, a pages says that cookies have been cleared, but when i go back to the home page, it has not logged me out.

I tried to register a new name and can not access it.

What do I do?

I also noticed that the search feature will not work. I always get an error on line 85 message.

Should I re-upload the vbulletin to my server?

Thanks

What's the URL to your forum? And do you have a test account we can use to check this out?

Also, please enter your license info into your user profile. See my sig for details. Thanks.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks for the thought

Thanks for replying to my post. It is taken care of now.

It appeared that there was a problem with uploading, and a few files got screwed up when the server crashed while I was uploading. I deleted everything and uploaded again, and now everything works.

Sorry...just found out. I appreciate your willingness to help though.

I do have 2 questions that I would love to get answered if you have the time.

Is there anyway to remove the new threads posting?

I do not want people thinking that no one posts in my forum, just because there haven't been any new ones lately.

I just wanted to show all posting for the last 3 months, but the members section still show the number of new posting since last visit. Is this possible?

Also, is there anyway to show only certain forums?

I wanted to add a "featured forums" section to my home page but do not know how to input a code that specifies certain forums and not all of them.

Thank you very much.

P.S. I forgot to include my customer number in profile, thanks for the reminder. It is now updated.

Comment

What do you mean by 'remove the new threads posting'? If you mean the button, then you'd need to take it out of the appropriate templates. Otherwise you can always turn permissions off in the Admin CP for posting new threads.

The easiest way to show a featured forum on your home page is to just put the the link to it there.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Removing new threads option

At risk of sounding ridiculous, what do you mean by"The easiest way to show a featured forum on your home page is to just put the link to it there."

The option that I found so far was the $forumbits code that displays all the categories and forums.

Right now I have the following:

-Business
          -Games
          -Internet Design

How would I show just one forum that is in the business category on my homepage?

If I type in: http://forums.anexisonline.com/forum...p?s=&forumid=6

The browser pulls up the right forum, but how do I display just this forum with the posting numbers, threads, last post and moderator on my homepage without displaying every forum?

So far my options seem to be display nothing or everything. I hope that this made sense.

Your expertise would be appreciated.

Thank you

Comment

You added a lot of things that weren't in your original message. I thought you just wanted a link to the forum, not a duplicate of the forumhome page without all the other forums.

I honestly don't know how to do what you want. Sorry!
            Last edited by Steve Machol; Wed 10th Oct '01, 9:01pm.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I did this once, but I'm not sure if I released it in the hacks forum or just posted it in the Suggestions forum... I'll try to find it.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=28262
              Chen Avinadav
              Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

if you run into the logout problem again, there's a good chance that you have a corrupted cookie. it happens to people on my board all the time.

when it happens, close ALL browser windows, go to your cookies folder. For IE, it's now dependant on what OS you use, just search for files or folders called "Cookies",
                Find all cookies with your domain or IP in the name, and delete them.

In Nutscrape, it will be "cookies.txt". Open it and delete all lines with your domain or IP in them.

Opera, you're on your own. Never use it.
                Webmaster:
                @forumz

Comment

Working...
                X