Turn off tracking PMs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn off tracking PMs?

Would this be a hack or can I just not find the setting in the admin CP? I sorta understand what this does, but I sorta don't. I would like to turn this feature completely off (If I understand what it does, correctly) If somebody can help me with this of how to do it, or explain a little better to me, what exactly this "tracking" does, I would greatly appreciated it.

Many Thanks.

PM tracking allows members to know if their PMs have been read yet or not. I find it useful myself. I don't know how to turn it off though.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

strange i have seen some vBs with it off but i can't find the setting anywhere, so maybe it's just template edits removing the the links for it?
      :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
      :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
      :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

The tracking functionality is configured in the User Groups (in the Admin CP). Just set Can Use Message Tracking? to No in all the groups.

Regards
        - Tommy
        MCP / MCSA / MCSE / MCT
        A few eggs short of a complete easter basket

vB 4.0.5+ CMS (No hacks), Windows Server 2008 R2 Ent, IIS 7.5, PHP 5.3+ (FastCGI), WinCache, Memcached, MySQL 5.1.45

Comment

Originally posted by TommyBALL
          The tracking functionality is configured in the User Groups (in the Admin CP). Just set Can Use Message Tracking? to No in all the groups.

Regards
          - Tommy
          doh
          :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
          :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
          :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X