User Group Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User Group Help

I'm still confused on how to use the user groups and access masks.

I have a membership based set of forums, and there will be specific forums that only members can view, some that are open to the public and some that only certain groups of those members can view. How do I use the user groups and access masks to accomplish this?

I tried setting it up right, but you can't assign access to the user groups themselves, setting permissions for a parent didn't seem to propogate to the child forum properly and I can't seem to setup more than once set of groups.

you can set up permissions for user groups, that's the point of having groups. admin cp -> User Groups and Permissions -> modify -> group name -> edit.

for restricting access to forums based on user group you can go to User Groups and Permissions -> modify forums. from there it's self explanatory.

access masks... not really sure what those do. i know they assist in the group permissions and they add extra queries to most pages. doh!

//edit: and the parent permissions should always prop. down to the child. this is shown under User Groups and Permissions -> modify forums. the inherited permissions will show as a special color identified by the color key at the top of the page. if you don't see the colors then make sure you uploaded the cp.css file in your forum root.

Comment

Access masks do two things. First, they allow the hiding of private forums from people who do not have access to view them. Second, they allow you to disable access, forum-by-forum, for individual users (instead of a whole group).

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X