Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to display full URLs in message (not truncated)?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yaa-hoo! After much searching, this old thread finally provided the stuff that did the trick! I was racking my brain over this....this should really be a vBoptions ...well, option. I hate those truncated URLs, besides for keyword-rich URLs, this is good for linking for SEO.

thanks Chen.

Comment

by the way, is there a way to make this default? (probably not)
      for us "power users", typing in the tag takes too much time. I found that the fastest way is to just copy-paste the url, then publish the post, then edit it immediatly, and just add the "long" (or actually, "l" if you make it just "lurl") inside the tag....takes less time than to type the whole tag.

Comment

Originally posted by Chen View Post
        Alright:
        Custom BB codes => Add
        vB Code tag - "longurl"
        vB Code replacement - "<a href="{param}" target="_blank">{param}</a>"
        Use {option} ? NO.

You know how to explain stuff better than me, not to mention me bad English , so fill vB Code example and vB Code explanation yourself.

And it works!

As for the "open all in same window", I don't even know how to do that.
        Maybe some HTML expert could come and tell us, but I have no idea how to accomplish that (even in regular pages!).
        super old thread here, but just in case it's useful target="_blank" is what tells it to open a new window - replace with target="_self" to open the link in the same window.

Comment

Please don't ever bump 10 year old threads.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X