Email Problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email Problem...

I just want to know is it possible to use yahoo,hotmail,or some other free webmail with smtp to send all email requests through vbulletin?...I had vbulletin once before but I couldn't get the email things to work (I.E registration confirmation email to active)....I haven't currently purchased a copy of VB yet,I'm waiting till I find this out....

Also, Is there a way to just let ppl sign up and post w/o that confirmation stuff?
    Last edited by lilgreg70; Sat 6th Oct '01, 7:02am.

Not sure about your first question.
    Can you please elaborate?

And as for the second question, yes it's possible.
    There's an option for dis/enabling it in the admin cp.
    Chen Avinadav
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

ohhh...really?...I didn't think I saw that option a while back with a copy of 2.0.1 at my job when I was trying to fix the template for them......I might go ahead and purchase the new vb for them just to check it out...where exactly is this option located so I can test it out monday at work? .....As for my first question,I was asking is it possible to use yahoo,hotmail,etc. to send emails (i.e the registration activation email that you use to activate your user name so you can post) and is it possible for me to set it up so they can start posting as soon as they sign up w/o them having to active their names through that email?

They are using these things on their server I'f I'm not mistaken:

windows 2000 adv server
      mysql
      php
      apache
      perl
      Last edited by lilgreg70; Sat 6th Oct '01, 7:21am.

Comment

I know I'm asking alot,but they are willing to pay me to fix this for them..lol

To make it easier this is what I'm trying to accomplish:

enable "instant" registration (let users post w/o them having to activate their username) and still be able to use the other email functions through out the forums(i.e the email forms).

Comment

I understand now.
          You will need to edit php.ini that is on the server, so it will use that SMTP server.
          Chen Avinadav
          Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Comment

Alright...thanks man,I guess I'll find out monday morning if this works ....now my last question,I PROMISE* ,Where is the location in the control panel that allows "instant" registration,as you spoke of above?

All your help is greatly appreciated,I'll know who to request help from when I purchase vb for myself in a few days

Comment

It's in the control panel, Change Options.

Until then, can you please obtain the license information from your colleagues? Thanks.
              Chen Avinadav

Comment

no problem...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X