Import A Success! Ummmm... User Names Updating In Old Posts...Nope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import A Success! Ummmm... User Names Updating In Old Posts...Nope

Okay.. I searched and found two threads that told me how to add a custom field so that members can still use their chosen names... and their passwords would be protected.

My question: How do I 'update'imported threads so that they will show correct user name?
    Are We Fighting?
    Am I Winning?

not quite sure about what you want to do...

what forum are you coming from? ezboard? ubb? etc.

Comment

Duh! Sorry, It's Been A Week

I imported from UBB6 to VBulletin 2.0.3. Here's my forum... Still a mess, though...

NoChickTrix Forum

The threads that were imported after a week of driving support crazy, are from the UBB board. The UBB has a login name and a publically displayed name. I haven't even opened the board yet until I can figure out:

1. How to 'update the threads with the correct name... or

2. Manually go in [please no, please] and change the names. Besides the issue of privacy, I would like the readers to be able to use the names that they chose.

Whatta ya think?
      Are We Fighting?
      Am I Winning?

Comment

oic.

the first question is: did vbulletin import UBB's "displayed name" field as a custom field or something?

if it DID do this then you would likely just need to find the field id# of that "displayed name" field and go edit it into your postbit templates in place of $post[username] (i think that's it). instead it would be $post[fieldx], where x is the field id# of that field.

...if the import script didn't import the "displayed name" field from UBB then you would either need to acquire a script that can do this (don't ask me! ) or you would have to start over with a new custom info field that you can create in your admin cp.

Comment

I did find a 'script' of sorts in this forum... One to add the field5 and the other was this:

if ($post[field5]=="") {
          $post[displayname]=$post[username];
          } else {
          $post[displayname]=$post[field5];
          }

right before

PHP:

$post[postdate]=vbdate($dateformat,$post[dateline]);$post[posttime]=vbdate($timeformat,$post[dateline]);

Now you should be able to use $post[displayname] in the postbit template instead of $post[username]. It will display the contents of field5 if not empty, and if it is then the real user name.

But nothing changed....

I made the custom field afterwards, too. Any suggestions?
          Last edited by Diva; Sat 6th Oct '01, 2:47am.
          Are We Fighting?
          Am I Winning?

Comment

Working...
          X