Email notification not by default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email notification not by default

I would prefer that when users compose a new or reply thread, the 'Email notification' option is checked by default. Currently, it is not. I notice that here, in the vBulletin forum, it is checked by default. Why is it not in my forum and how can I make it so?

Each user can set this themselves in their User CP. If you want to mass change it for all users, you can enter this query in phpMyAdmin:

UPDATE user SET emailnotification=1

Do not attempt this unless your familiar with entering queries, and always make backups before doing anything to the database.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Or you can do it another way..

Go into the Admin CP, click on templates, show all, now go to the reigsteradult template. Scroll down and find the "Email Notification by Default". Below that there should be the two options.

checked = yes

checked = no

On the part where it says "value = no / checked = no" changed the "checked = no" to "checked = yes". Then vise versa for the other part.

Or maybe I'm just insane
      Need a job done? Get in contact with me and we'll see what we can work out.

Comment

Originally posted by Valkyre
        Or you can do it another way..

Go into the Admin CP, click on templates, show all, now go to the reigsteradult template. Scroll down and find the "Email Notification by Default". Below that there should be the two options.

checked = yes

checked = no

On the part where it says "value = no / checked = no" changed the "checked = no" to "checked = yes". Then vise versa for the other part.

Or maybe I'm just insane
        yes that works for all users who register after you make the change, but the only way to mass change the setting for current users is to query the database
        Matthew Yette
        [email protected]
        antsmarching.org - People in every direction

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X