Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query string for moving a thread

Hi,

Is there a query string for moving a thread to a forum? Currently, it's hard for me to move a thread to a forum using the dropdown menu because I have a billion forums (it will never load). I only make five of them visible on the main page.

Back to the original question. What is the query string to move a thread to a forum and also leave a redirect from the original forum?

Thx.

If you just want to move, you can run this query:
    Code:
    UPDATE thread SET forumid='x' WHERE threadid='y'
    where X is the new forumid, and Y is the threadid of the thread you're moving.

To leave a redirect, you will need phpMyAdmin.
    There, navigate to the page where the entries of the thread table are, and click Edit next to the one you'd like to move.
    There, change the value of the 'open' field to 10.
    Now DON'T click Save, but Insert As A New Row.
    Note: This must be done -before- changing the forumid in the original thread.
    Chen Avinadav
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

Actually what I meant was is there a query string you can type in the url of a browser to get this done. For instance, the query string to move a thread is:

http://www.website.com/forum/posting...hreadid=121910

Is there something you can placed after this to get it to "Move thread and leave redirect in previous forum?"

Thx.

Originally posted by FireFly
      If you just want to move, you can run this query:
      Code:
      UPDATE thread SET forumid='x' WHERE threadid='y'
      where X is the new forumid, and Y is the threadid of the thread you're moving.

To leave a redirect, you will need phpMyAdmin.
      There, navigate to the page where the entries of the thread table are, and click Edit next to the one you'd like to move.
      There, change the value of the 'open' field to 10.
      Now DON'T click Save, but Insert As A New Row.
      Note: This must be done -before- changing the forumid in the original thread.

Comment

No, you can't, since that action is using $HTTP_POST_VARS, and just writing ...&action=domove... won't do it.
        Chen Avinadav
        Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Comment

ok, thanks!

I guess I'll have to use the method you've posted.

Comment

By the way, I highly recommend you back up your database before doing anything directly with it!!!
            Chen Avinadav

Comment

sduong, please enter your license information in your profile. See the link in my sig for more info. Thanks!

Comment

Done.

Originally posted by tubedogg
                sduong, please enter your license information in your profile. See the link in my sig for more info. Thanks!

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                  X