How do i import UBB Forums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do i import UBB Forums?

I´m runnig a pretty big UBB 6.4 Forum and would like to change to vbulletin.

I know there is a tool to convert the UBB threads to vbulettin.
    Where can i get it?
    Is there some kind of a Vbulletin "light" version available for free? I would like to check the converting tool before i buy a license..

Thanks for your help...

The conversion tool is in the member area where the software is downloaded. It works like a charm.

I went from UBB 6.04 to Vbulletin, no sweat. I absolutely don't regret my choice.

Amy
    Last edited by amykhar; Thu 4th Oct '01, 4:20am.
    http://www.eaforums.com

Comment

There is a free version but there is no import tools for it since it is free and unsupported.

I would say that 50-60% of our customers have converted their systems from a UBB at one time or another. I have done 3 different forums and not had a problem with any of them.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Thanks for yor Help!

Will there be any problems with converting the german version of UBB 6.4?

THX again!

Comment

WOW!

Thanks for your help!

Installing the Board only took me 2 minutes without any failure report!!!

Importing my old UBB Forum took me 10 Minutes , also without any failure!

Importing german templates was also done within 2 Minutes.

Now everything is working very well and at a maximum speed!

The best Forum Software i´ve ever seen for a very ver cool price! I´m really impressed!

Comment

Told ya

Amy
            http://www.eaforums.com

Comment

Hehehehe

Comment

Congrats on the forum setup

Congrats to Jelsoft for snatching up another happy customer

Comment

Similar question... I want to switch from UBB, I've added the "last post by" and status bar (by number of posts) hacks. Would either of these cause any difficulty?

BTW, I'm using UBB version 5.45c.
                  Last edited by Michael2; Sat 6th Oct '01, 2:47am.
                  HBO Forum - Discuss Game of Thrones, True Blood, Big Love, Boardwalk Empire, and more!
                  Disney Forums - Disney theme parks, vacation, entertainment, and more!
                  iLoveTalk - Our general discussion forum.
                  VeggieBoards - The largest and most active vegetarian forum!

Comment

Well,

i can only tell you that my old UBB 6.4 was also full of different hacks and modifications. But this stuff didn´t cause any trouble.

It was like installing "Microsoft Office", but a bit faster!

Just try it and you will be surprised!

Comment

Yeah, I usually am surprised when I "just try" something but not in a good way!

I think I will, thanks for your reassurance.

Lots of people switching, it's funny you very rarely see someone going from vBulletin to UBB on the Infopop boards. I guess that's what happens when you start gearing your product toward big business and forget the little guys.
                      HBO Forum - Discuss Game of Thrones, True Blood, Big Love, Boardwalk Empire, and more!
                      Disney Forums - Disney theme parks, vacation, entertainment, and more!
                      iLoveTalk - Our general discussion forum.
                      VeggieBoards - The largest and most active vegetarian forum!

Comment

Exactly my opinion!

UBB (infopop) seems to be a company witch doen´t cares about the small companies or private people...

But i also got an information the infopops new UBB will be available very soon and will have tons of good and new features.... Perhaps we will all go back to an UBB forum.... Whon knows????

Just let me (and all the others) know about your success importing your UBB.

You won´t get any of these "bad surprises"

Comment

Originally posted by Michael2
                          Similar question... I want to switch from UBB, I've added the "last post by" and status bar (by number of posts) hacks. Would either of these cause any difficulty?

BTW, I'm using UBB version 5.45c.
                          I also upgraded from UBB 5.45c and was using the 'Last post by' hack. However I wasn't using the status bar hack. Nonetheless I had no problem importing my forums into vB.
                          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

The import into VB only reads the UBB data files, any UBB code modifications (hacks) will not affect the import process unless the data format itself is changed (which is rare).

Just how crude UBB is (in terms of files) can be judged from the time it takes to delete all the UBB directories and files (all seemingly called .cgi). What a mess! Removing UBB 5 made me feel a whole lot better about my web site!

I had 5.45c with loads of hacks - import worked fine. I would suggest a trial import first as it won't stop UBB working. Check out VB and then cutover with another import when you're ready.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X