Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing on New Server???

Hello,

I am installing a customers VBulletin. We are moving her from one server to another, so I am moving files. I have spent countless hours doing this, and I can't do it. It finally came out to me installing it on the new server, making a backup from the old one, and installing that backup after it was installed to the new server, and it didn't work. It still has that 1 forum only. This is weird. The URL is http://ateaseweb.com/forums is the one im installing it to . I am not a pirater, and I dont have a licence, but SHE DOES. Look up that domain in the, um, records you have... Please help me someone. Thanks.

-Kyle
    BTW- I am her hosting company employee

It doesn't look like you cleared out the old database and restored the backup in its place.

Amy
    http://www.eaforums.com

Comment

Yes

Before I installed it then installed the database, I just uploaded the files, etc, and added the backup. It didn't work at all. Please help me someone. I really need this up.

-Kyle

Comment

no offense, kyle, but you could have gotten the URL from anywhere.

how were you able to install the program on her new server without the license info to download the latest version?
        Webmaster:
        @forumz

Comment

She

She has decided to just leave it, because a ton of visitors are registering again.

YES, I AM AUTHORIZED. E-Mail her if you don't believe me. Im not a pirater. Go and look at your licence info, and that domain is there. HUH? Anywayz, for get it, because she doesn't need it anymore...

-Kyle

Comment

kyle-
            It's really easy to transfer the forums from one server to another. What program did you use to backup the forums (telnet, phpmyadmin,etc) The easiest way is via telnet as all you need is the mysqldump command and then upload the files, edit the config file to reflect settings on new server and then use telnet to restore the database.

Comment

I did! I used phpMyAdmin, and i uploaded the files, chaned the config file, but it didnt work. Oh well, she started over again, beecause she wanted to, so I don't need to do anything more...

-Kyle

Comment

Working...
              X