I Have Trouble with Forum Loading Slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Have Trouble with Forum Loading Slow

~ I have a problem with my forum page loading slow .I would like info on how to load forum page and if you can tell me if this is normal http://www.doctorsatellite.com
    Last edited by SatShop; Thu 27 Sep '01, 10:13pm.
    Satshop

heya

We need you to put your license info in your profile here before we can offer support.

once you've done that, how about a little info about your server?

Processor(s), RAM, OS, Dedicated? Shared Hosting (with who)? mySQL version, PHP version, etc, etc, etc
    Last edited by Martin; Thu 27 Sep '01, 10:20pm.
    Webmaster:
    @forumz

Comment

Hello,
      I have set info to get some help thanks
      I have my computer is a pen4 with 512 RDram
      I have it loaded on host but i don't know there system info
      Last edited by SatShop; Thu 27 Sep '01, 10:28pm.
      Satshop

Comment

Is this a dedicated server or are you on a shared server? Who is you web host?
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

~This is an shared server its where I have my service at please take look at early post for link to my page
          Satshop

Comment

Sat, I followed your link, and I did notice a lag in starting the pages to load, but without knowing the specs of the server you're on, and the specs of the mySQL server (if there is one), we can't really help that much.

It could be that you're hosted by a crappy service and there is nothing we can do to make it faster. It's hard to speed up the board when you don't have root access to the server it's on.

Who is your hosting company?
            Webmaster:
            @forumz

Comment

Hello,
              The server is www.Digitalchainsaw.com 1-888-575-0294
              press 1 for tech maybe you can ask for me what they have .I know they said it was a shared server and 1 gig ram and 4 pen chips
              Satshop

Comment

Sat, this is probably an issue you need to take up with your hosting company, not here.

What it acts like is that you're on an NT/Win2k server with PHP set up as CGI, causing lag while it processes the commands.

Write to your host and make them aware of the problem and ask them for the server specs.
                Webmaster:
                @forumz

Comment

I would like to know if its best to run forum on unix or if someone can point me to a good server:???
                  Thanks
                  Satshop

Comment

The ideal environment is Unix or some flavor of Linux, however it can be run succesfully on Windows - but you will need to find a host who runs PHP as an ISAPI module, not CGI.
                    Last edited by tubedogg; Mon 8 Oct '01, 7:59pm.

Comment

is there such a thing as a win32 server thatcan run PHP as ISAPI? I fooled with it for about a year and it would always crash if I got more than 20 users aboard. the people at php.net couldn't get it to work, either.
                      Webmaster:
                      @forumz

Comment

well try this go to http://phpsysinfo.sourceforge.net/ download phpsysinfo http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/p...nfo-1.8.tar.gz install it on your site (instructions are inside the file) and then provide the url here for us to look at your server specs..

as stated above, we can't help you diagnose your problem until we know what hardware your vB is running on.
                        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X